Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of obsessing about City they should be obsessing why their fantastic owners who do everything the right way, won’t spend the cash. You need to improve when you win the league and push the first eleven.

Teams will start raising their games when they come up against the champions. We’ve seen that in the past and you could see after the restart they looked ordinary. Chelsea have improved recruitment wise, the rags will be looking to push both us and the dippers. Mourinho has now had some type of preseason with Spurs and Arteta is steadying the ship at Arsenal.

We sort our defence and add to that potentially the greatest player of all time, it could be a very swift fall from grace as Klopp has to get a tune out of the same group of players for another season. The crying and finger pointing at City will be delicious next May.

I do have the occasional look to see how their obsession with us is going - it really is a cult and any poster that ever tries to stray from the mantra and say anything objective is quickly pounced on by the rabid pack

I say their obsession with us - and that is what best describes the City thread on RAWK - the fuckwit that posted that bollocks is a mod it seems and there were so many following posts from his fans falling over themselves to lickspittle

What I find to be really weird behaviour is their ever so desperate need to convince themselves that we CITY fans are desperate to be like them - they have a need to convince themselves that is the case - it seems to be their coping mechanism. That we just think that they are a bunch of self-entitled and delusional wankers is not a narrative they could cope with.

Here is an example of such behaviour - which was a response to another long and rambling load of bollocks about CITY 'not being worthy':

"Spot on! Great post!
I think deep down the city fans know what their club are. They see us growing organically and surpassing them in winning the league and the big one, and they desperately wish their club could’ve done it the way we have . Our success ,and the way we’ve achieved it , reminds them that the way Man City have achieved success is immoral and corrupt. They know they’re being used by their rulers for sports washing and while they accept that for the trophies it brings , I’m sure it does leave a bitter taste in the mouth for the genuine fans. They can’t let that show however, so they disguise it by aiming their displeasure at the one thing they wish their club was- Liverpool, a true giant of the game doing things the right way and getting the plaudits we deserve for doing so."

I never thought I'd dislike any fanbase more than the typical United fan... until Liverpool fans came along in the last few years. Now that they have actually won two trophies I swear they have become the most insufferable cunts

I never thought I'd dislike any fanbase more than the typical United fan... until Liverpool fans came along in the last few years. Now that they have actually won two trophies I swear they have become the most insufferable cunts
I'm practically a united fan when it comes to Liverpool. I feel sick.

Can you please use the word rags instead of u——- thanks

Instead of obsessing about City they should be obsessing why their fantastic owners who do everything the right way, won’t spend the cash. You need to improve when you win the league and push the first eleven.

Teams will start raising their games when they come up against the champions. We’ve seen that in the past and you could see after the restart they looked ordinary. Chelsea have improved recruitment wise, the rags will be looking to push both us and the dippers. Mourinho has now had some type of preseason with Spurs and Arteta is steadying the ship at Arsenal.

We sort our defence and add to that potentially the greatest player of all time, it could be a very swift fall from grace as Klopp has to get a tune out of the same group of players for another season. The crying and finger pointing at City will be delicious next May.

The dippers are collectively too stupid to understand that FSG and Turkey Neck are pursuing the same American business model as the rags and Arsenal. While City's owner's business model is to invest and grow theirs is to spend as little as possible in the hope of both staying competitive and ultimately taking profits out of their clubs.

I think from now on any Blues attending games at Shrinefield will have to tread even more cautiously than in the past. There is now so much animosity towards us from their rabid, bestial followers that any meeting between the two sets of fans could kick off big time. And of course we'd be blamed.

The hostility that has been simmering beneath the surface for these last few years is something I've not experienced before from any sets of supporters. Yes, I've had run-ins with Celtic and Leeds fans, and of course the rags, but from the murmurings I'm hearing from some of my relatives up there the dippers are intending on taking Millwall's crown as the most violent supporters in the country - and they are preparing a 'welcome' to all City fans at the next meeting.

It could all be nothing and just sabre-rattling from the usual mouthy fuckers, but forewarned is forearmed and all that.

Just stay careful, Blues.

I think from now on any Blues attending games at Shrinefield will have to tread even more cautiously than in the past. There is now so much animosity towards us from their rabid, bestial followers that any meeting between the two sets of fans could kick off big time. And of course we'd be blamed.

The hostility that has been simmering beneath the surface for these last few years is something I've not experienced before from any sets of supporters. Yes, I've had run-ins with Celtic and Leeds fans, and of course the rags, but from the murmurings I'm hearing from some of my relatives up there the dippers are intending on taking Millwall's crown as the most violent supporters in the country - and they are preparing a 'welcome' to all City fans at the next meeting.

It could all be nothing and just sabre-rattling from the usual mouthy fuckers, but forewarned is forearmed and all that.

Just stay careful, Blues.

We need to have the mindset we had at the 50th Munich anniversary game for matches that. Rise above them, give them no ammo to shoot back and let the Scouse dig their own hole.

I do have the occasional look to see how their obsession with us is going - it really is a cult and any poster that ever tries to stray from the mantra and say anything objective is quickly pounced on by the rabid pack

As this is a new thread I'm going to repeat my post from July about how accurate it is to describe them as a cult.
Some of the behaviours associated with cults include:
  • Unquestioned trust in the leadership, who are seen as special individuals with unusual, almost god-like powers. (Klopp, Henderson, "Bobby" Firmino)
  • Exclusivity, where they believe they are somehow superior and set apart from others. ("This Means More", the Liverpool family, the only "pure" club).
  • A persecution complex, where anyone offering criticism, however objective, is seen as "the enemy" and the criticism is seen as an attack on the whole cult. (The Sun, over its reporting of Hillsborough, that Express journo they got sacked for criticising them).
  • Indoctrination, where everyone unquestioningly accepts the "truth", which is their version of reality. ("European royalty")
  • Cognitive dissonance, where they hold illogical and/or ludicrous beliefs. (So when they boo the opposition it's good but when we boo them, we're small time. Their money is "good" whereas ours is "bad").
  • Shunning/exile for those who deviate from the group beliefs. (Any journalist who dares criticise them)
  • Maintaining a common appearance. (Full kit wankers, who are invariably Liverpool fans)
  • Disdain for outsiders, who don't share their beliefs (RAWK on us, Everton or the rags)
  • An unshakeable belief that salvation will come ("Next year is our year")
  • Having special knowledge ("Liverpool fans are the most knowledgeable").
It's a scarily accurate picture of them isn't it?

I say their obsession with us - and that is what best describes the City thread on RAWK - the fuckwit that posted that bollocks is a mod it seems and there were so many following posts from his fans falling over themselves to lickspittle

What I find to be really weird behaviour is their ever so desperate need to convince themselves that we CITY fans are desperate to be like them - they have a need to convince themselves that is the case - it seems to be their coping mechanism. That we just think that they are a bunch of self-entitled and delusional wankers is not a narrative they could cope with.

Here is an example of such behaviour - which was a response to another long and rambling load of bollocks about CITY 'not being worthy':

"Spot on! Great post!
I think deep down the city fans know what their club are. They see us growing organically and surpassing them in winning the league and the big one, and they desperately wish their club could’ve done it the way we have . Our success ,and the way we’ve achieved it , reminds them that the way Man City have achieved success is immoral and corrupt. They know they’re being used by their rulers for sports washing and while they accept that for the trophies it brings , I’m sure it does leave a bitter taste in the mouth for the genuine fans. They can’t let that show however, so they disguise it by aiming their displeasure at the one thing they wish their club was- Liverpool, a true giant of the game doing things the right way and getting the plaudits we deserve for doing so."
In case the stupid twerp reads this, I'd just like to let him know that none of the trophies this fantastic club has won over the last nine years has left a bitter taste in my mouth.

In fact, they have all been very sweet, and among the most enjoyable were the Premier League title won at Brighton in May 2019 and the League Cup we won on penalties in February 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.