Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wijnaldum to barca for 30m apparently..

Then a no brainer that the will get Thiago FFS

There seems to be a new term emerging on rawk. Having now realised they are not the only team with a history, the term 'storied-history' has now been invented. I'm not sure what this means, but to have a storied-history it appears you need to have murder convictions.

In case the stupid twerp reads this, I'd just like to let him know that none of the trophies this fantastic club has won over the last nine years has left a bitter taste in my mouth.

In fact, they have all been very sweet, and among the most enjoyable were the Premier League title won at Brighton in May 2019 and the League Cup we won on penalties in February 2016.
Or the Premier League title secured at home to West Ham in 2014 and the Community Shield won in 2019

I do have the occasional look to see how their obsession with us is going - it really is a cult and any poster that ever tries to stray from the mantra and say anything objective is quickly pounced on by the rabid pack

I say their obsession with us - and that is what best describes the City thread on RAWK - the fuckwit that posted that bollocks is a mod it seems and there were so many following posts from his fans falling over themselves to lickspittle

What I find to be really weird behaviour is their ever so desperate need to convince themselves that we CITY fans are desperate to be like them - they have a need to convince themselves that is the case - it seems to be their coping mechanism. That we just think that they are a bunch of self-entitled and delusional wankers is not a narrative they could cope with.

Here is an example of such behaviour - which was a response to another long and rambling load of bollocks about CITY 'not being worthy':

"Spot on! Great post!
I think deep down the city fans know what their club are. They see us growing organically and surpassing them in winning the league and the big one, and they desperately wish their club could’ve done it the way we have . Our success ,and the way we’ve achieved it , reminds them that the way Man City have achieved success is immoral and corrupt. They know they’re being used by their rulers for sports washing and while they accept that for the trophies it brings , I’m sure it does leave a bitter taste in the mouth for the genuine fans. They can’t let that show however, so they disguise it by aiming their displeasure at the one thing they wish their club was- Liverpool, a true giant of the game doing things the right way and getting the plaudits we deserve for doing so."
We know what we are ,we near!y went out of business,up and down the leagues yet we kept going,getting bigger crowd numbers wherever we were,i wager the dippers would have fucked off till they were back at the top

There seems to be a new term emerging on rawk. Having now realised they are not the only team with a history, the term 'storied-history' has now been invented. I'm not sure what this means, but to have a storied-history it appears you need to have murder convictions.

Yeah, a who done It? Only with Columbo, where you already know the answer.

The dippers are collectively too stupid to understand that FSG and Turkey Neck are pursuing the same American business model as the rags and Arsenal. While City's owner's business model is to invest and grow theirs is to spend as little as possible in the hope of both staying competitive and ultimately taking profits out of their clubs.
They are simply too thick and too far up their self-entitled arses to understand such obvious facts

As this is a new thread I'm going to repeat my post from July about how accurate it is to describe them as a cult.
Some of the behaviours associated with cults include:
  • Unquestioned trust in the leadership, who are seen as special individuals with unusual, almost god-like powers. (Klopp, Henderson, "Bobby" Firmino)
  • Exclusivity, where they believe they are somehow superior and set apart from others. ("This Means More", the Liverpool family, the only "pure" club).
  • A persecution complex, where anyone offering criticism, however objective, is seen as "the enemy" and the criticism is seen as an attack on the whole cult. (The Sun, over its reporting of Hillsborough, that Express journo they got sacked for criticising them).
  • Indoctrination, where everyone unquestioningly accepts the "truth", which is their version of reality. ("European royalty")
  • Cognitive dissonance, where they hold illogical and/or ludicrous beliefs. (So when they boo the opposition it's good but when we boo them, we're small time. Their money is "good" whereas ours is "bad").
  • Shunning/exile for those who deviate from the group beliefs. (Any journalist who dares criticise them)
  • Maintaining a common appearance. (Full kit wankers, who are invariably Liverpool fans)
  • Disdain for outsiders, who don't share their beliefs (RAWK on us, Everton or the rags)
  • An unshakeable belief that salvation will come ("Next year is our year")
  • Having special knowledge ("Liverpool fans are the most knowledgeable").
It's a scarily accurate picture of them isn't it?
Fuck me - as someone that has had a strange compulsion to go and visit their forum over the last couple of years - so have seem more evidence than most - I would say that list is so accurate it could be guidance to posters in their forum CoC

Last edited:
As this is a new thread I'm going to repeat my post from July about how accurate it is to describe them as a cult.
Some of the behaviours associated with cults include:
  • Unquestioned trust in the leadership, who are seen as special individuals with unusual, almost god-like powers. (Klopp, Henderson, "Bobby" Firmino)
  • Exclusivity, where they believe they are somehow superior and set apart from others. ("This Means More", the Liverpool family, the only "pure" club).
  • A persecution complex, where anyone offering criticism, however objective, is seen as "the enemy" and the criticism is seen as an attack on the whole cult. (The Sun, over its reporting of Hillsborough, that Express journo they got sacked for criticising them).
  • Indoctrination, where everyone unquestioningly accepts the "truth", which is their version of reality. ("European royalty")
  • Cognitive dissonance, where they hold illogical and/or ludicrous beliefs. (So when they boo the opposition it's good but when we boo them, we're small time. Their money is "good" whereas ours is "bad").
  • Shunning/exile for those who deviate from the group beliefs. (Any journalist who dares criticise them)
  • Maintaining a common appearance. (Full kit wankers, who are invariably Liverpool fans)
  • Disdain for outsiders, who don't share their beliefs (RAWK on us, Everton or the rags)
  • An unshakeable belief that salvation will come ("Next year is our year")
  • Having special knowledge ("Liverpool fans are the most knowledgeable").
It's a scarily accurate picture of them isn't it?
Good reminder, especially after last night's BBC 'celebration' programme. As I said when you first posted this, a comprehensive list which ticks off all the boxes when analysing the internet output of the Red Scousers and the general beliefs that they espouse when in conversation.

I picked a copy of Leah Remini's book 'Troublemaker' a few years ago and skimmed through it. It deals with her upbringing within the Scientology cult, eventually challenging and leaving it as her own understanding of its malevolence grew. The list above covers many of the aspects she discusses. Interestingly, the response from the Scientologists was to refer to her as 'bitter'. No doubt sounds familiar?!

Every club has its barmpot supporters, including ours. I hope we never allow ourselves to fall into patterns of behaviour as some of the people down the other end of the East Lancs have. Play the game (on and off the pitch) as it should be played, in the right spirit. If we take defeat well and learn from it, while always (as Jackson Browne and Tomas Borge put it) 'Fighting relentlessly in battle/ And being generous and firm in victory' then we'll probably be ok.. I hope!

I won't even glance at the post as I know I shall feel compelled to defend us. Fuck the dippers and their retarded followers, fuck the media for placing the club on a pedestal to begin with, and fuck the bent and corrupt pigmol/VAR people for helping England's most hated club to the inaugural 'asterisk title'.

Enjoy it, you murdering Scouse fuckwits. We'll concentrate on winning trophies fairly and squarely without even a hint of controversy.
Fuck Liverpool and their murdering, lead thieving,candle-lighting job seeking fuckers
Job-seeking? Job-avoiding surely?

We need to have the mindset we had at the 50th Munich anniversary game for matches that. Rise above them, give them no ammo to shoot back and let the Scouse dig their own hole for the press and public office to ignore.
Slight tweak to the above but yeh agree with your sentiments....... ;-)

Reactions: mat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.