Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a document that Paul Tyrrell, who used to be the press officer at City, did when he was Press Oficer at Liverpool. It was when they were owned by Hicks & Gillett and the fans were organising against them. It was typical Tyrrell paranoia, who took the Stalinist view that if you weren't 100% for them, you were 100% against them. Everyone wasa Communist or anarchist. He could never get the idea that fans might actually have an interest in how their clubs were run and had the right to make their voices heard.

I've got a copy that one of that group sent to me, in the days when you could have a sensible and cordial conversation with them. Probably a similar one with my name and a few others on it in the archives at City.
You could always submit a data subject access request and find out....
Was that around the same time that LFC had a witch hunt against some random fan on Twitter who was guessing the line-up because they were convinced there was a mole in the squad?

How can they say teams have no history? City, Chelsea, of course they have history.

That shower never started winning anything till the 1960s anyway

Here is history for them . Name the first team to win a league title at Anfield?

Only one team is original in this city. The other is full of tourists
Liverpool first won the FA Cup 61 and 59 years after City and Everton respectively.

It's a document that Paul Tyrrell, who used to be the press officer at City, did when he was Press Oficer at Liverpool. It was when they were owned by Hicks & Gillett and the fans were organising against them. It was typical Tyrrell paranoia, who took the Stalinist view that if you weren't 100% for them, you were 100% against them. Everyone wasa Communist or anarchist. He could never get the idea that fans might actually have an interest in how their clubs were run and had the right to make their voices heard.

I've got a copy that one of that group sent to me, in the days when you could have a sensible and cordial conversation with them. Probably a similar one with my name and a few others on it in the archives at City.

It must have ben written in latin originally to meet that criteria

Just to let you know a couple of things to cause amusement.....

1. You are again mentioned on their thread - one of the workshy linked page 30 from this thread in which you listed their core characteristics

2. The muppet that made that pathetic rambling post is not only an utterly deluded fuckwit - he is also an out and our liar - the evidence is in this post:

" The only City fan I've known was a guy from Manchester who my cousin married. A lovely fella he is too. He would get us tickets for Maine Road when we played them there. A proper old school City fan. No surprise at all that he binned them off when they became ADCFC and his own son is a Liverpool fan."

Utter bollocks

My reading is that over the last 10 years they have developed an increasing inferiority complex - but of course they cannot accept that - therefore their coping mechanism is delusion and outright lies
There are a surprising number on there who get tickets off the only City fan they've ever known or met, seems we have about fifty thousand 5th columnists that need weeding out. Either that or they just talk complete bollocks.

Good reminder, especially after last night's BBC 'celebration' programme. As I said when you first posted this, a comprehensive list which ticks off all the boxes when analysing the internet output of the Red Scousers and the general beliefs that they espouse when in conversation.

I picked a copy of Leah Remini's book 'Troublemaker' a few years ago and skimmed through it. It deals with her upbringing within the Scientology cult, eventually challenging and leaving it as her own understanding of its malevolence grew. The list above covers many of the aspects she discusses. Interestingly, the response from the Scientologists was to refer to her as 'bitter'. No doubt sounds familiar?!

Every club has its barmpot supporters, including ours. I hope we never allow ourselves to fall into patterns of behaviour as some of the people down the other end of the East Lancs have. Play the game (on and off the pitch) as it should be played, in the right spirit. If we take defeat well and learn from it, while always (as Jackson Browne and Tomas Borge put it) 'Fighting relentlessly in battle/ And being generous and firm in victory' then we'll probably be ok.. I hope!
Lets call them Spiontologists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.