Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
In real life, I've had abuse shouted at me by Middlesbrough fans and had people shove me out of the way in the street because someone was filming them, and West Ham fans singing 'are you a man or a woman' as I walked past, but generally I've not had too many problems. Online is a different story. I barely go on Twitter now.

Some kopite filmed herself driving down a road blasting You'll Never Walk Alone at Everton fans returning from a match. I think we'd won as well. Just...why would you do that? I can't stand people who do stupid shit like that for clout. There's this one guy on Twitter who's obsessed with us to stalkerish levels and he keeps giving himself Steaua Bucharest-related names and acting all innocent when people call him on him, and he goes round filming the Everton shop and stuff. It's really embarrassing. HAHA LOL HEYSEL AMIRITE GUYS LOL. Fuck off. I don't troll Liverpool fans. I can't be bothered.

It is funny how football can bring out the best in people and the very worst.
Bringing people together with a common cause to unite and celebrate something, but equally to use that "bond" to enjoy their own twisted view of enjoyment.
You can have the discussion and the banter but when it gets past that I really do despair sometimes.
I recall one away trip to Notts County when I was with a mate who had brought his 8yr old step son with him to his first game. Trying to keep a low profile (not wearing scarves or colours obviously, but maybe a small bit of red showing) and we got jostled and kicked and loads of verbals.
You do wonder what goes on in some peoples heads sometimes.
Notts County? Blimey, every time I’ve been there it seemed their entire support was made up of pensioners and children, I’ve felt more threatened in a bingo hall than there

Why should clubs not have cash injections from rich owners? They are, after all, a business. I see nothing wrong with City being bought and turned into a major force. In fact, I was delighted by it as Liverpool. Man Utd, and Arsenal was becoming boring. It was good to see more competition. It was very noticeable and not surprising to see which sets of fans have moaned the most. Green eyes appear when you have had everything on a plate then suddenly the new kid on the block appears and starts taking some of your glory. Chelsea got it in the neck and were accused of all kinds when they had the nerve to start winning trophies, now City are the bad boys to the media darlings. But take it as a compliment as it means you are doing well and miffing a few off along the way. I hope the 'Uncle Usmanov' stories are true and we end up bankrolled and have a chance to win things. I would not give two flying fecks if any rich buyer took us on and gave us silly money. Bring it on I say. You City fans keep on cheering on your team of winners. I hope you grab that league title back.

It amazes me how fans of certain clubs will brag about income, sponsors, merchandise, etc etc. Then start crying because another team has an owner with a few bob to spare. It comes across as very bitter and childish. Something about Dummies and prams springs to mind!

Keep up the good work City
A few months ago, some dickhead on RAWK wrote that we City supporters must view every trophy that we have won since HRH took over as "tainted" and claimed that we can’t be enjoying the successes due to the way that they have been achieved.

I can’t speak/write for any other Blue, but I don’t feel in the least bit like that. In fact, I have loved every moment of the journey since 1st September 2008.

Apart from Agüeroooooooooo!, the greatest moment for me was being at Wembley to finally witness, after 49 years of supporting City, a victory in the FA Cup final.

And the fact that it was a record-breaking performance made it all the sweeter.

A few months ago, some dickhead on RAWK wrote that we City supporters must view every trophy that we have won since HRH took over as "tainted" and claimed that we can’t be enjoying the successes due to the way that they have been achieved.

I can’t speak/write for any other Blue, but I don’t feel in the least bit like that. In fact, I have loved every moment of the journey since 1st September 2008.

Apart from Agüeroooooooooo!, the greatest moment for me was being at Wembley to finally witness, after 49 years of supporting City, a victory in the FA Cup final.

And the fact that it was a record-breaking performance made it all the sweeter.
Bitterness and envy. Just because they want something to be true, that doesn’t make it so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.