Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mentioned it last night but playing a core sqaud of around 15 players constantly in almost every game and pushing them to there absoulte limit for around 3 years is going to cause injuries, burnout and loss of form eventually.

Their squad is completley lob-sided and the back up players for the first team are simply not good enough.

You do have to wonder whats going on the dressing room as well as Klopp is becoming more unhinged in every interview and that can only be a negitive thing for the players
Yeah, I was just thinking last night that they've been too reliant on too few players for too long. It worked for a while of course and they were fantastic for 2 seasons but they haven't strengthened enough during that time. I appreciate they're missing 3 CBs but aside from Van Dijk who is quality, Matip and Gomez are nowhere near good enough to partner him on a regular basis.

I said a few months ago that whatever the reasons for their drop-off in results compared to the previous 2 seasons, maintaining 97,98,99, and 100 points a season form (as we and they both did between us) is impossible and it will eventually only go one way. We found that out last season and they're finding it out this season. The key is how you address it to try and get back to something close to those levels. I don't want to get ahead of myself but there are clear signs that we might just be doing that, but if Liverpool's slump continues and they don't retain the title this season, will they be able to similarly re-invigorate their squad? I can't see their owners suddenly stumping up £100-£150 million for new players so the only realistic way they may be able to do it is to sell one of their biggest assets for stupid money (Salah?) and using the money for a re-build of sorts. That's been their strategy in the recent past - and it's worked quite well for them - but there are no guarantees that it can keep working, plus will Klopp have the appetite to stick around and oversee it like Pep has?

In today's PL you can't play the same way every game for multiple seasons without getting found out. They've been found out and they know it, which probably explains their loss of confidence. I think they're going out almost expecting not to win.

We'll still probably fuck up on Sunday mind you.
takes about 18 months but you get sussed.

Possibly but we seem to be sweeping them aside now.

You have to think if we win our next three, there’s a fair chance the others will drop points in that time, especially Liverpool and then I can’t see us throwing it away from there.

Obviously it’s a big if starting on Sunday.

Let’s hope we finally do it.
If we win our next three, Littlewoods will definitely drop points.

In today's PL you can't play the same way every game for multiple seasons without getting found out. They've been found out and they know it, which probably explains their loss of confidence. I think they're going out almost expecting not to win.

We'll still probably fuck up on Sunday mind you.
Tbf, last year they spent a lot of the season expecting the opposition keeper to just throw the ball in the net in the last minute if they needed a goal. That wasn't hugely sustainable as a strategy

They’re got a point. Yet we’d still put out a side consisting of Steffer, Cancelo, Walker, Fernandinho, Mendy, Bernardo, Foden, KDB, Mahrez, Torres and Aguero.

I’d back that team to beat Burnley and not get played off the park by Brighton!

Didn't we have about 8 out with Covid away at Chelsea? Including Ederson. Both strikers, (Aguero 4 minutes) and Torres who’d been covering, Walker, Laport & Ake? Garcia?
The reason they have loads of players out, is because their manager has ran them into the ground.

No doubt Pickford will be receiving more death threats if their poor form continues. How long before the world's greatest fans lar start calling for the return of stevie mee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.