Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
///Everything you say is true. But on the other hand I wouldn’t want my club to be owned by a sugar daddy. I never want to see my club sack Gerrard the way Chelsea sacked Lampard. It’s just not who we are.

When people talk about catching up with City, I think they don’t realize they are talking about a team that spent more than half a billion ONLY on defenders in the last 2-3 years. There is no catching up unless you get petrol money and that’s a fact. I am in no way saying they influence referees or there is match fixing, but I can say that they somehow have some influence on FIFA and UEFA. They are allowed spend money like there’s no tomorrow, either barely regulated or even if regulated they find loopholes with sponsorships and other ways that I am not clever enough to understand. Football is completely different than what it was, and it is very easy to get lost in it. We have to be careful with our spending.

Young and new supporters are more enthusiastic about stats, silverware and big names and I absolutely understand that, but I just can’t be arsed about those. I mean of course silverwares are great, but for me Liverpool is more than that. It’s just for me though, so I am not saying this is how it should be for everybody.//
Nonsense.

//Honestly, the FSG approach is logical in any other business then football, when you compete against owners like Man City who treat their clubs as vehicles for sports washing. It's a bloody fact that absent their corrupt capital, we win in 13/14, we win in 18/19. Am I sad we did not reload when the iron was hot? Yes, but I also hate that we have to compete against that lot and their ill-gotten gains.//
You won fuck all in 2013/14 you melt.

2021’s biggest pile of shite has just been uncovered and it’s fucking stinking this forum out now.

Thats what I mean. I doubt that the Liverpool media frenzy will not freak out if they spend 18months rebuilding the team, e.g. replacing Salah, and I doubt that the club wouldn't cave in to that pressure.

I also wonder if Kopp would cope without adulation for that amount of time. I think he'd prefer to go elsewhere, build there and smile a lot with his super shiny teeth.

But if they had the patience (ala cringe united were with Ferguson once Chelsea and ourselves came along).... they'd be better off. Unless that is they get an awesome next manager.

Rebuilding? Won't be easy. They have only 2-3 players in the first eleven who are under 27. VVD, Matip, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Thiago, Firmino are on the wrong side of 30 or approaching it, Salah and Mane turn 29 this year. In order to successfully rebuild the team, FSG will have to invest hundreds of millions which they probably won't do.

Tbf, Klopp built a very strong team on a restricted budget. It was the perfect storm. It would be extremely difficult to repeat that feat though. He needed 4 years the first time, are they going to wait another 4 years for a new team? Don't think so.

German national job after the Euros this summer.

The Germans need to rebuild for the next World Cup.

Stevie G to replace him.
Oh I really hope so, to be singing his song as we hand them their arses for a couple of seasons would be great.....if we're really really lucky the rags may give it to giggsy as well, much as our #SOO campaign is going well nothing lasts forever.

It's really pissing me off now this falling to the floor with the slightest contact. Needs clamping down on, starting with the refs. I would like to think managers would be having words, but it's obviously being encouraged at the two shit stain clubs, Manure and Red scouse shite.
The thing is, he's not even trying to disguise it. It's arms theatrically thrown in the air and body theatrically thrown to the ground like he's been shot at just the slightest bit of contact, yet for some inexplicable reason the refs are falling for it time and time again. I could understand it if he was cleverly disguising it and deceiving the refs into the bargain but he's not!

I may be being overoptimistic but I think it is over for them, well at least this dynasty ( shortest one ever ) their players look genuinely fatigued, there isn't the same confidence about them and dare I say it some of their stars no longer look enthusiastic. Plopp has no plan B and he's flogged them so much they're looking at a bit of an overhaul. Any rumours about Salad and Mane leaving yet? And ''Bobby'' has to be one of the most over rated Premier league players ever, what does he actually offer them?
I think they're the oldest average age in the Premier League. But it's not just that, it's that most of their key players are at their peak now, so while they've probably still got a few years left with most of the squad, basically they're going to all need replacing at the same time.

Milner, Adrian 34
Henderson and Wijnaldum 30
Van Dijk, Matip, Firmino, Thiago, Shaqiri 29
Allison, Mane, Salah 28
Fabinho, Oxlade-Chamberlain 27
Robertson, Minamino 26
Keita, Origi 25
Jota, Tsimikas 24
Gomez, Phillips 23
Alexander Arnold 22
Jones, Williams 20

Their younger players aren't really regularly getting game time, and they're not actually that young anyway. So it depends what sort of appetite the Americans have for another massive spending spree when they're all in their early 30s.

Compare that to us:
Fernandinho 35
Aguero 32
Walker, Gundogan 30
De Bruyne, Mahrez 29
Ederson 27
Stones, Sterling, Bernardo, Laporte, Cancelo, Mendy 26
Ake, Steffan 25
Zinchenko, Rodri 24
Jesus, Dias 23
Torres, Foden, Garcia 20

A far more even spread meaning that yes, we need to replace Aguero, but for most of the other players on their way out, there's already a younger alternative that's actually getting regular game time. 8 of our starting eleven that beat them yesterday was 26 or under, and we brought on a 23 year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.