Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salah is a cheating little **** but I guess is playing to the rules and piss poor ref'ing. It needs stopping if this was coped in Sunday league every match would finish in a punch up
He's not even playing to the rules, he's cheating plain and simple.
The whole "There's contact so he's entitled to go down" thing was brought in by pundits and journalists to excuse the last 15 years of Liverpool diving and cheating. From Gerrard to Suarez and now Mane and Salah they've made cheating an integral part of their tactical setup. United and Leicester are the same and Spurs are going the same way under Mourinho.
Every team has players that go down easy on occasion but those four, and in particular Liverpool, are so much worse than everyone else. They're an absolute cancer on the game.

Last edited:
Regarding Salah penalty or not about time the officials stop handing them out when these players go down so dramatically...........

No. I reckon he could justify Munich or Germany at this stage of his career and his record would look decent.

Managed the team he played for into the top league and kept them there.

Took on a big club in Germany and toppled Bayern for a period of time.

Moved to another country, won the league and European Cup with them.

If he stays much longer at Anfield and doesn’t maintain the last two seasons, he risks ruining his reputation.

I simply don’t see Barca or Madrid as the types of clubs that will allow a manager time to build as he was afforded with Liverpool.
Yeah, I think it would be a return to Germany for either of those jobs if he leaves Liverpool.

You make an interesting point about him being afforded time at Liverpool. While I agree that he has been given time, I can actually see FSG sacking him if things go further south from here. They're pretty ruthless when things start to go wrong - they weren't afraid to sack Dalglish after bringing him back and despite him winning the League Cup in his only full season following his return to management there, and they sacked Rodgers after he followed up nearly winning the league with an underwhelming season. Liverpool would probably have to miss out on top 4 this season and fail in the CL for it to be on the cards but if that happens, I wouldn't be surprised if they do get shut.

He's not even playing to the rules, he's cheating plain and simple.
The whole "There's contact so he's entitled to go down" thing was brought in by pundits and journalists to excuse the last 15 years of Liverpool diving amd cheating. From Gerrard to Suarez and now Mane and Salah they've made cheating an integral part of their tactical setup. United and Leicester are the same and Spurs are going the same way under Mourinho.
Every team has players that go down easy on occasion but those four, and in particular Liverpool, are so much worse than everyone else. They're am absolute cancer on the game.
I can't think of any other walk of life where the faintest of touches to someone's arm or shoulder causes either their legs to buckle at the knees, arms flail around and fly through the air with an arched back. It's an embarrassment to the game, and needs stamping out.

Last edited:
Regarding Salah penalty or not about time the officials stop handing them out when these players go down so dramatically...........
I think it was a penalty but I cannot see why they cannot give out a yellow for the theatrics. I once, in a Northern League game, never gave a penalty for a similar dive even though he probably was fouled. When the assessor asked me why I had not given it I said that he had went down so dramatically I thought he was trying to con me. Assesor accepted this

Just listening to a Talk Sport interview with a fan and he's blaming the missing fans 'because they have more songs than City'

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Love it!

Jason Cundy and whoever the other bloke is chewed him up. Funny!

He then went on to say that a Liverpool fan could be on Mars but he would'nt be alone (because of the song You'll never walk alone) que lots of laughing from them two!

I think it was a penalty but I cannot see why they cannot give out a yellow for the theatrics. I once, in a Northern League game, never gave a penalty for a similar dive even though he probably was fouled. When the assessor asked me why I had not given it I said that he had went down so dramatically I thought he was trying to con me. Assesor accepted this
Yes, something along the lines of from the ref" You would have got a penalty then, but because you've acted like a bell piece it's null and void, oh and there's a yellow card as well, tit".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.