Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder how their recruitment, which is being held up as being "brilliant", would have fared if EVERY time it came to them needing to recruit they had some UEFA imposed sanction, or threat of a sanction, hanging over them as the time for recruitment arrived? Hmmmm, yeah, just better than us aren't they ;)

Although I hate the Dippers is is impossible for me to dislike Klopp
When they win and he talks like the interview above, he comes across really well. The problem is he’s a massive weirdo when he stands staring at our players warming up and plays to the gallery with his dipper emotions.

Watched the game yesterday and was almost a feeling a deja vu. There was me thinking, like against City, that Liverpool would be under constant pressure, that we would be pressed constantly and the untried CB pairings really tested.

Both games therefore seemed really weird with me keeping on wonderign what was going on.
As has been said by many others, I thought after those first 20mins at the Etihad that we were there for the taking. Same with Leicester, yet it just didnt happen.
But why???

Again has been said here...mentality of other managers and players.
Too much respect for Liverpool or Anfield? But then someone else pointed out why managers and players don't do that against City.

Is there a difference between respect and love? Makes a difference in this sense I think.....as people may respect Klopp and what he has done for liverpool over the last few years...but do they love him?...certainly not as much as players and coaches around the world love Pep?

Pep has had success at Barcelona & Bayern, people admire/love him for the football he plays and the teams he has produced. The way he had developed players and the clubs as a whole has made people want to play like him and play for him. Is there somethign of this then when teams come up against City. They all know that the way to impress him is by playing their hearts out. Teams go all out not just to beat City but to impress Pep.

Just trying to rationalise why leicester didnt really appear to put a shift in against us yet were "at it" against you.
Last season proved that Liverpool are ahead of City at the moment. These things go in cycles. Despite some of the doom-and-gloom merchants on this forum I am convinced that we are not far from producing another great side. We have some brilliant young players and despite what happened at Spurs I believe our new defence is strong and will get better.
It wouldn't surprise me in the least if we win the CL this season. I think Chelsea finished 8th when they won it. The great thing about football is that it is gloriously unpredictable.
What you say about Klopp tallies with what I have heard from a very good source behind the scenes at LFC. He is respected for being totally ruthless and his real persona is quite different to his "friendly" public image.

They are undoubtedly in a better place than us right now as far as results go but I don’t believe they are the better team and I definitely don’t think they have the better manager.
We are in a bit of a muddle atm and nobody likes to see a drop off after having such a wonderful run but that’s football and it happens to every great team.
I’m confident we will get it right again and those who seem to have written Pep off and jumped on the Klopp bandwagon will be proven wrong.

I have a feeling they going to win the league again (even without VVD). Pickford did football fans sanity a favor by took down their best defender, yet MCFC still fail to capitalize on that.

I don't want these cnuts to win, but the truth is the truth.
After 8 games the truth is nothing more than pure speculation ...

I was talking to a plastic dipper over the weekend after he pointed out something hilarious that Carragher had said.

Anyway, he said it was perfectly reasonable for David Coote to be removed from the match against Leicester as there was an "ongoing investigation" after his Merseyside derby officiating.

"Fair enough", I thought - "if he is being investigated, it's probably right that he doesn't officiate Liverpool or Everton for the time being."

Something didn't sit right with me though so I googled "David Coote investigation".

The only results that turned up were Merseyside Police investigating the death threats he has received as a result of the Merseyside derby.

The message is loud and clear - do not give decisions against Liverpool or your life and career will be affected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.