Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2nd option was utterly disgusting. Talk about arrogance. So far up their own arse they can't see themselves anymore.

Yea the second option was the dippers wanted wolves to throw the game. The dippers didnt want to win fair, but we know that with our bus attack.

It is also racist

Fancy wanting your opponents to lay down and let you win. What would that say about the integrity of the league and of wolves players being professional ?

There's so much wrong with that post that it's difficult to know where to start.

However, putting all the anti-City stuff in the post to one side, the line "Why wouldn't you want to be at an event which will never happen to you" is up there as one of the most breathtakingly arrogant, sneering-down-your-nose statements a football fan could ever make. It's also factually incorrect of course because Wolves have won the league 3 times. That's not to mention the fact that they won the FA Cup 4 times before Liverpool won it for the first time and they were historically a more successful club than Liverpool were up until the 1960s. And we all know how much Liverpool fans like to bang on about 'istree which makes the post even more laughable.

Seriously, if a Liverpool fan wanted to get Wolves fans onside then the **** who wrote that couldn't have gone about in a worse way.
It's staggering isn'it. It's the actual sincerity of it that makes it unreal. Only a dipper fan could come up with something like that.

if mane or salah leave this summer I think they will drop off next year
Might be me hoping one of them leaves and they may just play hardball and then sign new contracts for big wages.
But Diaz is no mane, he is a live wire but not the killer that mane is
Likewise jota is a very good player but he is not anywhere near salahs level
They obviously have big issues in midfield as well because only Thiago and Fabinho are any good, Milner, keita and Henderson are average
To be fair to Klopp he has got things right in last few years so they may well improve the areas
Salah to Madrid and mane to Bayern is my hope!!

They really don’t get that everyone hates them. Celebrate with them fuck off View attachment 44155

It's missing the third option. You buy into their hype and are won over by the magical powers of seeing Liverpool FC win a trophy. You even turn up with a banner congratulating them. Football is saved. You take in the prematch spectacle of You'll Never Walk Alone, and sit through a roller coaster of them carving out a 3-2 win with the winner scored at the Kop. You watch them lift the trophy, you get outside and the festivities are off. They attack you, and a minibus with an old lady on it gets smashed to bits.

Might be me hoping one of them leaves and they may just play hardball and then sign new contracts for big wages.
They obviously have big issues in midfield as well because only Thiago and Fabinho are any good, Milner, keita and Henderson are average
To be fair to Klopp he has got things right in last few years so they may well improve the areas
I'm not so sure - certainly Salah is the kind of player who could bring in an outsized fee that would allow some good replacements, and they're a settled reasonably well run club. They'd probably struggle a little more if Salah and Mane stick around another year and both leave on free transfers.

They also spend near the same as we do - they spend big on wages, and the real difference in their famous net spend happened when we spent big replacing a team of high earning, 30somethings, with no transfer value (but who freed up huge amounts of cash in the budget). That's five years ago now, and since then they're not far off matching us.

Apparently Salah and Mane are both due to sign, but agree in principle.

Diaz is a little early to say, he's been seriously unlucky not to bag at least 5/6 more goals than he's already got, and actually Mane is more wasteful than you'd think. Probably will only get a real indication after full pre season but also have to remember he's only young still.

Jota is a great finisher but his all round play is shaky currently.

Milner and Hendo, ability wise, aren't up to scratch but they are leaders in the team no matter what anyone's personal opinion of them is. Milner needs to be put on the coaching staff though. Thiago is just too injury prone and keita is hit and miss.

I could well imagine Salah and Mane signing a 2/3 year deals and being put out to the market next summer. Give a year to select replacements while selling them with some worth left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.