Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
...........they hate us with a passion and the only thing that creates that level of hatred is jealousy

oh and I’m fuckin loving it
Oh yes - yet there are 1000s of posts on that thread screaming that they 'do not care' about CITY - yeah right - you lying wankers

Last edited:
My mates a Chelsea season ticket holder

Said there game was shit and the whole stadium more interested on city's game

He said the atmosphere for evey city goal was electric and they didn't stop singing "come on city "

They detest Liverpool
My stepbrother is a Chelsea fan. Liverpool are his most hated team.

I am Scouse and have no idea what he is moaning about?

Scouse was not used as an insult to the Irish. Scouse was a stew that the Scandinavian seamen ate and as they spent so much time in the city it became a popular dish here. It has nothing to do with Irish.

He says the Irish Catholics were targeted on their arrival here. Yes they were, as was the case in other cities they arrived. However, what he fails to mention is that their arrival caused a big divide in this city that went on for many years. My own father could recall seeing the parades from both religious sides and told me how stones would be thrown and fighting would break out (religion has a lot to answer for) But during that divide, Everton was the cub that Catholics supported and Liverpool was Protestant, and apart from a few small exceptions, this was the norm. So, his relatives were bluenoses. We do not hear Everton fans moaning the way that that lot do. If he is so upset by the word Scouse, why is he not upset at one of his clubs motto's ''Scouse Not English'? I mean, he should be going nuts at that one. Then again, most of their fans are from outside Liverpool so probably have no idea what Scouse is.

There are some decent reds fans and we all have our own idiots. But they have this portion who act like a clan. Not matter what the team wins this base is never happy. They have to seek assurance that they are the greatest ever. 'This Means More' ha ha, pathetic. It is a marketing ploy for their tourist fans. The 'Look At Us' attitude is beyond cringe and I know many reds who do not like it. The need to brag and try and belittle others is laughable. City have won 4 titles in the last 5 seasons. Yet no City fan has ever said to me that they have won all these titles and I am just bitter,or i support a small club, or told me they want my team relegated. Yet reds do, and they do it to others. The need to be the best is shocking, and this is why so many fans of other clubs dislike them, and not because of some stew that sailors brought here. I know reds fans who are embarrassed by some of the actions of the cult acting part of their fan base. They have a very good team, but they also have more than their fair share of strange fans

No city is perfect, we all have our problems. I am not arsed where anyone is from. I am more arsed if they are an idiot or not. I laugh off most of the skits about Scousers, but I do get bored by the Harry Enfield jokes still doing the rounds lol. I would welcome anyone here...Just don't call me a bowl of stew laaar.

I still hope Liverpool lose though

Buena Suerte Real Madrid
It's their never ending need to feel special a cut above, that's why they attract all the oddballs, like you I know loads of decent LFC fans (living where I do and married into a family of them) and the more loony ones tend not to be from Liverpool or Merseyside they tend to be insecure hangers on desperate for some reflective glory and status and to trying to stand out, I remember one lad telling me he was a scoucer by dint of the fact he supported LFC, he was from down south somewhere

Having a rivalry with another team is nothing unusual, but as united fans warned us they will take it up to another level

The media has a lot to answer for in this by not calling them out enough, they get away with all sorts of violence in the name of their club

As with their fans, the RAWK website's software is living in the past.

For nerds:
They are on a version 2.0.x of the SMF platform, which was 1st released 11 years ago.
The latest semi-major point release was 2.1 in Feb 2022.
So it's been 11 years of bug fixes/minor updates.
And by heck it's god awful on a mobile.
And they probably stole that

I think the whole Uber Scouse thing has got worse over the years and as a blue I never feel the need to tell anyone how scouse I am. Like you say the word comes from a stew dish from Scandinavia so I have no idea how it is perceived as an insult.
I come from a Catholic mother / Protestant father background and we were never brought up with prejudices regarding religion etc. Even as a kid my grandad took us to both stadiums as was often the norm. The hatred generally ramps up around times of the Derby and though most of my good mates are Blue through going the game, my brother is a Red.
[/QUOTE]
Imagine the mighty 'istree club reduced to discussing about 'stew, they will be arguing about who has the best turn styles.

Klopp is actually really unfortunate to be directly competing with a machine-like City for the PL title. There is a real danger of history underrating him for his work at Liverpool in case he leaves with just 1 PL title (same as Leicester) and 1 CL title despite commanding the best Liverpool side of the last 30 years. If he loses the CL final, I wonder how many of his players will respond to his high intensity football next season. Mental exhaustion and demotivation could see his slide slip like Dortmund in his final season.

Its like how Ferguson is criticized for 'only' 2 CLs (same number as Guardiola/Mourinho) but no context is given in terms of having to overcome the aftermath of Heysel in the 90s and losing finals to arguably the 'greatest-ever' team twice.

Ah bless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.