Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two blokes at work are Liverpool fans (despite neither being born or ever living within 50 miles of Liverpool). One goes to a game or two a year, the other went in the 70s and 80s but hasn't been since. We've been having ongoing discussions about football for years as the rivalry between our clubs has increased.

Monday morning they were both waiting for me and shook my hand and congratulated me. As we discussed Sunday it turns out that one of them was at York races and the other was watching a holiday program with his Mrs as they saw the City goals come through.

Imagine saying you "support" a club and not even watching the game on a day like that. I can't remember the last City game I didn't watch or listen to live, by whatever means, let alone a title decider. That sums up large sections of their "support".

This means less, not more, in my experience. These plastics have no concept whatsoever of how it feels to win a trophy after your whole supporting life has been about relegations and piss-taking.

They're not even fans they're just indicative of thousands of sad Muppets who picked the most successful team at the time because it made them feel important they were winning all the trophies. They now never or rarely go to a game and only resurface to either mock their rivals failures or don their shirts and strut around like peacocks if they win a trophy. Man children and sadly social media has given them a platform to spout their bile and lies everywhere. Prior to this you only heard it twice a year at the game or on the few televised games when we played them. Now it's all over the place.

They're not even fans they're just indicative of thousands of sad Muppets who picked the most successful team at the time because it made them feel important they were winning all the trophies. They now never or rarely go to a game and only resurface to either mock their rivals failures or don their shirts and strut around like peacocks if they win a trophy. Man children and sadly social media has given them a platform to spout their bile and lies everywhere. Prior to this you only heard it twice a year at the game or on the few televised games when we played them. Now it's all over the place.
Bang on. One is aged about 60 and the other about 50. The original glory hunters.

Klopp is actually really unfortunate to be directly competing with a machine-like City for the PL title. There is a real danger of history underrating him for his work at Liverpool in case he leaves with just 1 PL title (same as Leicester) and 1 CL title despite commanding the best Liverpool side of the last 30 years. If he loses the CL final, I wonder how many of his players will respond to his high intensity football next season. Mental exhaustion and demotivation could see his slide slip like Dortmund in his final season.

Its like how Ferguson is criticized for 'only' 2 CLs (same number as Guardiola/Mourinho) but no context is given in terms of having to overcome the aftermath of Heysel in the 90s and losing finals to arguably the 'greatest-ever' team twice.

Klopp has won 1 PL title.

Pep has won 4.

GPC has won it 13 times

Maurine has won it 3 times.

Wenger 3 times

Now taking all these important stats into account, how the bloody hell can you say that Klopp will be underrated he's barely on the list of managers who have won it.

Cut and paste on the Rags thread

It's almost as poignant as the Baxters game soup that was put in every Xmas hamper the length and breadth of Britain and only the brave ever ventured near.

Only beaten on the disgust meter by the whole cooked Chicken in a tin.

Yes some shite masquerading as food out there. After one City game I bought a chicken burger from that Spar near Piccadilly station. No idea what it was but it tasted nothing like chicken lol.
What about the little grubby white burger vans at Maine Road?
An enticing smell followed by tasteless mush...

You make a good point, hence the number of Leeds fans of a certain age, the same also applies to United they are followers desperate for some reflected glory, want to be seen backing the winners because they feel so insignificant, and even when the winning stops they can't break out of it, they have made it part of their persona there's 1000's of Dave's in anonymous towns down South (and abroad) who desperately want to be seen as cool it's quite sad really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.