Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Understand this... If you're a ref and you dare to stop one of the bigger clubs progress by issuing reds, cancelling goals, awarding penalties against etc etc, you're going to get an enormous amount of hate, threats against family , media scrutiny, banned from reffing those games again, even death threats.

It takes a strong referee to go against all of that.

I think what you said in your previous post was correct. I think the referee is clearly going to give him a yellow (which was the right decision), but given Felipe doesn't come and stand a yard away from him, the referee goes on a power trip and upgrades it to a red (under the cover of 'I was always going to give a red').

My point is that I've see that happen hundreds of times, and it just so happens that the referee finally brandishes a red card to the benefit of Liverpool. Do you honestly think he'd have done that if it was Henderson who'd committed the foul? No chance!
Agree with both you and Bluehammer....although I also thought that besides it being a power trip, he was maybe thinking he was starting to lose a grip on the game.
I had a few issues with a couple of other incidents prior to the sending off. Notably Mane's first interaction and yellow, which I think involved Felipe.
There was some real niggle from early on which was not really dealt with and then the stamp on the back of the heal and the disdain that felipe showed for him, just tipped Makkiele over the edge....a slight to his vanity.
After the card which wrecked the game, I was actually surprised that there wasnt another sending off.
...And yes, I am very aware that all games and fouls/yellows/reds are compared against Robertson going forward.

Agree with both you and Bluehammer....although I also thought that besides it being a power trip, he was maybe thinking he was starting to lose a grip on the game.
I had a few issues with a couple of other incidents prior to the sending off. Notably Mane's first interaction and yellow, which I think involved Felipe.
There was some real niggle from early on which was not really dealt with and then the stamp on the back of the heal and the disdain that felipe showed for him, just tipped Makkiele over the edge....a slight to his vanity.
After the card which wrecked the game, I was actually surprised that there wasnt another sending off.
...And yes, I am very aware that all games and fouls/yellows/reds are compared against Robertson going forward.
Yeah, I haven't seen the full game, just the highlights (Which I know can be misleading). I think the game was out of Athletico's reach beforehand and I'm not denying that you deserve to top that group - you clearly do. But I do think a lot of these decisions go in your favour.

I honestly can't envisage that red card going the other way. I don't think he'd have been sent off if it was City vs Athletico Madrid. One thing that's for certain is the standard of refereeing in Europe is clearly as bad as the PL. I get the impression non of them have played a game of football in their lives!

Michael Edwards is leaving the dips to take over as DoF at Leipzig. According in beeb gossip Edwards was instrumental in signing salad and dick. Wonder whose database he'll hack now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.