Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggest mouths, thinnest skin.

I'm fully aware of the irony of me posting this on here but I wonder if any of them have ever been told that comparison is the thief of joy.

Everything they do has this air of desperately needing affirmation from the wider footballing world, rather than being content with what they've achieved.

I get it, to a degree; this is the most success they've had in years and they're still not the best in their own country. I understand that must be frustrating but the constant sneering and compulsion to say absurd things like "I feel sorry for every club that isn't us right now", right after losing out on both the league and champions league, just makes me feel like they're not really enjoying the moment. And that's a shame because those moments will be gone as quickly as they came.

I dont think there is any chance of anyone telling the truth,
I just listened to a interview on BBC Radio 4 with some professor & a french journalist and it would seem any problems were all the fault of the french police, in fact the french journalist more or less said "no Liverpool fans were at fault at all"
It would seem any people seen climbing fences, pushing over barriers, running past security were in fact french locals?
There was no mention of the many posts on social media of Liverpool fans selling, buying, printing fake tickets,
There was no mention of the many posts on social media showing Liverpool fans actually boasting about jibbing in to the ground,
There was no mention of Klopp telling people to go to paris without tickets,
There was no mention of the fact that Real Madrid fans seem to get into the ground without any problems?
I have never known a cover up like this, it really is amazing.

We’re all well aware of the bullshit surrounding Liverpool and the fawning attitude of the media towards them, but the response to Saturday night has still been incredible. Genuinely unbelievable.

Guardiola called the media out a fortnight ago regarding Liverpool and could he have been proved any more right? Unquestionably his best call since joining the club.

Presumably, the next time any player or manager is caught on video breaking the law and seriously endangering the safety of others, we can just ignore the evidence and stick our heads in the sand. Because that’s what a healthy media and written press should do, after all, right?

difference is, those without tickets would have watched it in bars, not try and get in the stadium by whatever means. They are a unique (not in a good way) breed, they seem happy to get in at all costs, usually at the expense of one of their own. You'd think they would have a different mindset after what happened in Sheffield - whatever SY police 's role in the tragedy was, it would never have happened if Forest had been given that end.
I like Liverpool as a City and the people individually but there's definitely a cultural issue that isn't addressed. There's a sense of entitlement and an 'us against the world','we're better than everyone' mentality, which may well stem from what Maggie did to them in the 80s. You can see that culture right through the club from the manager down, interestingly u don't see that from Everton who remind me of us v United in the 90s. I would also question the quality of reporting in the UK media, prior to the game. Why were the BBC glorifying people traveling without tickets and those who had spent 1k plus on black market tickets, which is illegal? Why weren't they asking those fans, why are you breaking the law?, especially when those laws exist purely to stop issues like those seen on Saturday. There are some hard questions that Liverpool FC needs to ask of itself, and its culture. It's going to take someone with a big set of balls to do that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.