Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
what's the evidence for "1000s of fans had fake tickets"? genuine qu, just wondering how so many people are so sure

The people who are roundly criticising the actions of the French police against innocent fans with bona fide tickets have no idea of the reasoning behind that approach, but it’s likely down to the number of attendees without legitimate tickets, some of whom were already in the stadium.

In fact, I’d be amazed if that wasn’t the case.
If it looks like a duck etc. (Mallard vs Moorhen)

No honestly, a journalist whose job it is to gather information from official sources has just said to not trust official sources. Maybe we shouldn't therefore trust a single word that these journalists say?

TBF I can understand this one. My best mate is a dipper and was in the leppings Lane crush at hillsborough - fortunate he’s a big lad and was able to pull himself up else he’d have been another statistic. His dad was dibble at the time and when my mate told him what happened that day he said his own lad was lying. So yeah, I do understand why they don’t immediately trust authority.

Has someone got the half and half photo showing the Madrid seat's and Liverpool seat's and how the steps between the sections in the tramps end are completely covered with fans without tickets whereas the Madrid end everyone is in their seat's and you can clearly see the steps.

This happens at every major game they play including Wembley. It's obvious they bunk in and double up with mates in seats etc. It's about time someone pulled them up on this, but sadly no one ever does and possibly ever will. Even the manager encourages them to travel without tickets, boo the anthem - they're unbelievable.

difference is, those without tickets would have watched it in bars, not try and get in the stadium by whatever means. They are a unique (not in a good way) breed, they seem happy to get in at all costs, usually at the expense of one of their own. You'd think they would have a different mindset after what happened in Sheffield - whatever SY police 's role in the tragedy was, it would never have happened if Forest had been given that end.
To be fair, there were plenty of near misses at Hillsborough in that end at previous FA Cup semi finals. Leeds fans in the Leppings Lane end in 1987 against Coventry will testify to this. However, the main one prior to the Hillsborough disaster was in 1981 when Spurs fans were in there against Wolves. 38 fans were injured and some ended up with broken limbs in the crush, and it was only the actions of the police in opening the gates at the front of the stand (in stark contrast to 8 years later) to ease the pressure and allowing hundreds of Spurs fans to sit round the perimeter of the pitch to watch the game that averted a much bigger disaster. You can watch the footage of it unfolding here:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.