Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recognise your reasoning - at least in view of the assumptions I made in my earlier number crunching - where I tried to illustrate the unaffected chances of one person randomly receiving a false positive, which was turn followed by another etc, etc.

Firstly, let me dispel the idea that “cross contamination” could be a likely cause of this string of false positives on LFTs.

I don’t know if you’ve ever taken one but they are a rather private affair. You unwrap the swab, swirl round each of your nostrils, rub the swab around the acidity regulating liquid in the test tube, leave for a minute or two and then pour four drops on to the indicating tablet.

You then wait a maximum of 15 minutes and you have your result, but if you have a positive - as I’ve sadly experienced regularly this week (who would have guessed I’m currently self-isolating) the red lines appears almost straight away against T letter in the presence of a relative high level of the virus.

The process of taking an LFT is not a social one!

Other players could not have cross contaminated them unless (preposterous I know) they had intended to.

The wildly unlikely odds I outlined earlier were on the assumption that one incidence wouldn’t affect the incidence of another. A random person randomly conducts an LFT from a random batch at a random location, subject the 0.03% probability that they produce a false positive, a figure that takes into account that some LFTs around the country are duff and average user error.

However, given that the chances of having that 15 false positive tests occurring randomly in succession is less than the number of stars in the universe squared, then you might wager that either the supplier of the tests was as fault i.e. a faulty batch or Liverpool’s staff did something out of the ordinary. That is: did something daft, without realising for instance. A mess up we might have learned from, should we have been given the chance to do so.

Sadly that nice Mr Parry, former Liverpool board member and current Grand Fromage of the English Football League, decided there was no need to.

Incidentally, given Mr Parry’s current intransigence and refusal to conduct the investigation fans and clubs have asked for, I would proffer the best course action is for those that lost out re the Arsenal game, ie the fans that had booked travel and accommodation, tv companies and advertisers etc that missed due to Liverpool’s decision to cancel last week’s semi, to submit a joint (class action) civil claim to recover damages simultaneously against both Liverpool AND the test providers. One of them will crack then and point the finger at the liable party and we will have our answer.

Can someone please suggest how to get the Tarquins on board with this?

Alan, Alan, Alan!
Yes ?? !!

I work in an office and with scousers.
Just saying.
Lovely lads. I don't mind them at all. I have worked with them for the past 10 years. They just see me as a wind up merchant. I worked with a gang of them on the Ordsall chord project connecting Piccadilly with Victoria. I went for a pint with them one day and the journey to Liverpool took less than the one to Kirby where they all lived. I said you guys ain't Scousers you live nearer to Manchester than Liverpool. Banter was good. But I think a couple of them wanted to kill me after I started calling Kirby a little town in Lancashire.

Reading about Salah and his new contract on the BBC earlier. Looks like he wants away to me. that will be them fucked for a season or two
I think it is appalling that you should interupt the amazing in depth debate on covid testing and false positives...and of course the vitally important issue of whether it is "la" or "Lad", by talking football.

Are you Greggery in disguise?

Dirty, despicable, cheating scouse wankers, both on and off the field of play.

From their "Aaaaaaaaaaargh-ey-laaaaaaa" spouting, one eyed cult-ish fans to their media-arse-licked manager, I fucking despise them to a man with an almost unhealthy passion.

Bunch of fucking uber cunts!

Surely the only point of the maths you've used is to show that the maths is pointless :)

Clearly these weren't 15 independent events, so you may as well just ignore that option. I know many on here think that Klopp personally asked whoever definitely did have Covid to spit all over the rest of the tests, but most likely it was a dodgy batch or, as you say, someone did something stupid (or maybe, and I don't know what the timeline is, but given they'll all have been likely triple vacced, and many of them have already had it, they got an incredibly weak infection that clearer up within days - my wife tested negative, then positive then negative with covid over the course of a few days recently).

We also don't know the protocol for the tests the PL players take, but given they've been taking tests for many months, they would either be very good at it, or quite possibly have slacked off over time. Maybe they still have someone helping them take them, or someone collecting them all together. While all these events are uncommon, they're all possible, and given the number of sports teams taking regular tests, may well have been statistically almost inevitable.

If you wanted to know if you had a faulty batch then you would conduct an investigation?

The investigation is “why did we have false positives?”

Why you wouldn’t want to investigate that I don’t know, there are many reasons why but to not investigate allows the possibility of it occurring again & surely no one in football administration wants games being called off when there was no need.

If as some have said this has caused a major backlog for Klopp & his team then they are taking it remarkably well.

It'd be comedy if they have to postpone one of the semi legs due to a legitimate outbreak at the club.
Indeed. They have blatantly cheated the system yet again, and their never ending sense of victimhood will justify it to themselves and their deluded cult. But should they genuinely now get an outbreak, they are going to be in trouble, as in the boy who cried wolf. The integrity of City’s approach by comparison is something we should all be proud of.

My authenticity test is simple. If, out of all the clubs carrying Covid tests;

a team had its best players away at Afcon,
its manager bleating endlessly about fixture congestion and requesting changes in competition format,
with a tough semi-final coming up,
suddenly, and unquely, experienced a batch of "false positive" tests enabling the game to be called off,

Would you have been able to guess which club that would be ?

My authenticity test is simple. If, out of all the clubs carrying Covid tests;

a team had its best players away at Afcon,
its manager bleating endlessly about fixture congestion and requesting changes in competition format,
with a tough semi-final coming up,
suddenly, and unquely, experienced a batch of "false positive" tests enabling the game to be called off,

Would you have been able to guess which club that would be ?
2 clubs stand out as possible in terms of being sufficiently devoid of morals, but the prospect of a semi final for one of them seems improbable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.