Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freedom of speech.
This sore that has been allowed to fester has infected the whole of British football for too long.
Well done to the Leeds fan for doing his bit to get the truth out there.
May be only a small step but going in the right direction.

Agree, you're asking for a ban doing that, but as I'm reasonably sure the scouser holding his phone with the Turkish flag on it was grinning as well, no doubt he'll be banned as well.

Yeah, right.
I think that photo of the Turkish flag was from last season.
Look that Leeds fan deserved a stadium ban. Brought embarrassment to Leeds and is just a really really stupid thing to do. Regardless of what we think of them there are still mums and dads who go to Anfield who lost their kids at hillsborough so for them to have to see some parcel holding up the sun must be a grim sight.

Leeds dealt with it sharpish and the fans group have called him out on it. Fair play to Leeds for that.

On the flip side what happened with the Liverpool fan at Goodison a few months ago holding up the Bucharest flag. I’m guessing nothing.
What happened to the West Ham lad that was folded the other week by a group of twenty. Didn’t make the news and hardly generated any other media.

I’m all up for fans being called out if they do anything regarding hillsborough but surely it has to start working both ways.

Honestly everyone I speak to regarding that lot have just had enough of them and the way they seem to get dealt with. There is a great deal of animosity towards them and them singing about the queen,booing the 27 second silence and chanting pro ira songs had really turned even mild people against them.

Then the backlash after that sausage evans saying the stadium not being in good nick. That has also angered a lot of decent people.

They would do well to take some action against their own fanbase once in a while even if it’s just to temper the feelings around them by other fans.

City were accused of disrespecting the minutes silence at the fa cup game and singing songs the other week.
City apologised straight away.

City coach gets attacked and pep gets some coins thrown at him. Has there been any apology. I stand to be corrected.

I honestly think if Liverpool as a club/fanbase accepted a bit of responsibility and dealt with stuff and even the media called them out a bit for some of the stuff they have done recently then they may get a bit or respite from the hillsborough chants.

The hillsborough stuff has to stop. For that there can be no argument but how it stops I don’t know. I’ve read things like points deduction or reduced allocations for teams that do it but that isn’t the answer and will create even more issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.