Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the hypocrisy coming from some Liverpool fans who are wanting to be state owned after the grief that they've given Man City and Newcastle is staggering. I've seen somebody on social media claim that it would be different for them as they have already won trophies.

Self entitled arrogant tossers.
Like this.also a blue shut him up.Screenshot_20221108-212729.jpg

They're being linked heavily with DIC again, which would be pretty interesting.

@Prestwich_Blue knows a lot more than me, but aren't the Dubai royal family essentially "lesser" Royals than Abu Dhabi's in the UAE heirarchy?

Would also kind of blow up the sportswashing/state owned idea, because no singular actor would want teams competing with each other?
As I understand it, Abu Dhabi is "old money", as they have more of the natural resources whereas Dubai doesn't have as much of those. I'd also say that Abu Dhabi appears to be the more outward looking of the two, as far as global alliances and trade are concerned.

However it's a delicate balancing act as Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum of Dubai is UAE Prime Minister and Vice President, with Sheikh Mansour being Deputy PM (and his son in law). Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan (MBZ) is President of the UAE. I'm not sure that would stop them buying Liverpool though. I could see them have having a bit of fun at family gatherings if Dubai's Sheikh Mohammed owned Liverpool.

But people talking about this or that potential billionaire owner are forgetting about FFP. We had about 3 years of unrestricted spending before it kicked in, plus we've leveraged Abu Dhabi's business relationships brilliantly to increase our commercial income.

As I understand it, Abu Dhabi is "old money", as they have more of the natural resources whereas Dubai doesn't have as much of those. I'd also say that Abu Dhabi appears to be the more outward looking of the two, as far as global alliances and trade are concerned.

However it's a delicate balancing act as Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum of Dubai is UAE Prime Minister and Vice President, with Sheikh Mansour being Deputy PM (and his son in law). Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan (MBZ) is President of the UAE. I'm not sure that would stop them buying Liverpool though. I could see them have having a bit of fun at family gatherings if Dubai's Sheikh Mohammed owned Liverpool.

But people talking about this or that potential billionaire owner are forgetting about FFP. We had about 3 years of unrestricted spending before it kicked in, plus we've leveraged Abu Dhabi's business relationships brilliantly to increase our commercial income.

Bring it on. I back our upper management to beat anyone head to head.

Some of the hypocrisy coming from some Liverpool fans who are wanting to be state owned after the grief that they've given Man City and Newcastle is staggering. I've seen somebody on social media claim that it would be different for them as they have already won trophies.

Self entitled arrogant tossers.
So it was never about their self acclaimed ‘morality’ but just about sporting success. Good to have that cleared up, always knew it was the case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.