Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it was never about their self acclaimed ‘morality’ but just about sporting success. Good to have that cleared up, always knew it was the case

Morality goes out of the window when you've got a chance of being taken over by a mega rich state. I've seen it with a minority of our fans who flipped when we were taken over.

As I understand it, Abu Dhabi is "old money", as they have more of the natural resources whereas Dubai doesn't have as much of those. I'd also say that Abu Dhabi appears to be the more outward looking of the two, as far as global alliances and trade are concerned.

However it's a delicate balancing act as Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum of Dubai is UAE Prime Minister and Vice President, with Sheikh Mansour being Deputy PM (and his son in law). Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan (MBZ) is President of the UAE. I'm not sure that would stop them buying Liverpool though. I could see them have having a bit of fun at family gatherings if Dubai's Sheikh Mohammed owned Liverpool.

But people talking about this or that potential billionaire owner are forgetting about FFP. We had about 3 years of unrestricted spending before it kicked in, plus we've leveraged Abu Dhabi's business relationships brilliantly to increase our commercial income.
Realistically do you think they would be interested at the purchase price in the billions? City, PSG, and Newcastle were bought for peanuts (relatively speaking) and the ROI has been huge for the former 2 (yet to be seen for Newcastle but unlikely to fail). How much growth can they expect really when entering at 4-5 billion?

Realistically do you think they would be interested at the purchase price in the billions? City, PSG, and Newcastle we’re bought for peanuts (relatively speaking) and the ROI has been huge for the former 2 (yet to be seen for Newcastle but unlikely to fail). How much growth can they expect really when entering at 4-5 billion?
I don't see an upside at Liverpool, certainly not at the £3bn level. Their realistic valuation is probably half that on an objective basis. Sheikh Mansour, Malcolm Glazer, FSG, PIF etc., all saw an undervalued asset that could produce a significant return.

There'd maybe some room to grow Liverpool's commercial income, which doesn't reflect what they think their global popularity is. But as I said earlier in the thread, there's maybe more downside and, as a buyer, I'd be pricing that in. No one is going to rush in until it's clear whether they'll be in the CL next season. FSG may come to regret not selling in the summer.

I don't see an upside at Liverpool, certainly not at the £3bn level. Their realistic valuation is probably half that on an objective basis. Sheikh Mansour, Malcolm Glazer, FSG, PIF etc., all saw an undervalued asset that could produce a significant return.

There'd maybe some room to grow Liverpool's commercial income, which doesn't reflect what they think their global popularity is. But as I said earlier in the thread, there's maybe more downside and, as a buyer, I'd be pricing that in. No one is going to rush in until it's clear whether they'll be in the CL next season. FSG may come to regret not selling in the summer.
Cheers, I’m no expert on the topic in any means but always found it strange when people focus on the sportswashing agenda when the figures are right there on how much cash SM has made from us. If anybody were prioritising ‘washing’ their image surely media darlings Liverpool would be high on the list, but somehow I don’t see them being as much of an attractive investment - almost like the bottom line is about the bottom line and not what @Dan94YNWA thinks on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.