Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I have no time for Leeds United and their supporters, having lived there during their peak Revie years, they are preferable to Liverpool FC and their supporters.

Some of us remember when Liverpool was a second Division Club and Everton was the top club in the city. Everton supporters, like Leeds ones, were never the best but infinitely preferable to the red scouser cult that has evolved. rarely a mention of how Liverpool success was bought by Moores family gambling proceeds investment.

No doubt Liverpool will be facing competition from Everton again once the new stadium move happens. Leeds do not have this competition. The FSG gamble failed but they can still expect a good return on their investment 'tho not as much as they wish.
Leeds is a great shout for an investor. Larger city than Newcastle plus support from all over Yorkshire and loads of space round Elland Road to develop it plus fantastic transport links with the motorway right next to it. Plus a history going back decades of winning stuff, albeit not in recent years. No brainer in comparison to Liverpool for a return on investment.

They (fsg) would very poverty and not able to keep up with "state run clubs".

And no one will pick up on the fact that fsg have earnt £2.7b from purchase to sale.

No money my arse. And the lfc fans swallow it!

That’s what they fail to see. It’s hilarious, they protest over £10 ticket rise but will miss the fact they are being robbed in plain sight of a mere $2.7b taken back to Boston.

Still can’t see anyone paying that.

Or Wednesday, but then Wednesday are 2 leagues down and no1curr about non-PL teams.

This is one of the many reasons why I hate the plastic telly clapper fans from Nigeria or India or the USA or wherever: they literally cannot conceive of supporting a team who doesn't win things. Like, they can't understand why Everton fans still go to Goodison despite us being crap and battling relegation AGAIN. Or why people would choose someone like Huddersfield/Rotherham/Plymouth Argyle/Oldham over a Big 6 team. The minute Liverpool go down the toilet, they'll fuck off to Real Madrid or whatever.
I work with a Moroccan guy who lived in Spain for many years and whenever conversation turned to football he didn’t say much but it was clear he was a big Real Madrid fan, fair enough I thought. He showed me a pic once of his baby lad wearing a Juve top which I just put down to his wife being Italian

So one time he comes in the office wearing a Utd shirt, so I go “Ayoub what the fuck are you doing with that on mate” - turns out all these years he’s literally just been a Ronaldo fan and wherever he went Ayoub supported them.

It’s a funny old world.

Leeds is a great shout for an investor. Larger city than Newcastle plus support from all over Yorkshire and loads of space round Elland Road to develop it plus fantastic transport links with the motorway right next to it. Plus a history going back decades of winning stuff, albeit not in recent years. No brainer in comparison to Liverpool for a return on investment.

Perhaps FSG will spend 500m of their 4bn buying Leeds after selling the Dippers ….

I work with a Moroccan guy who lived in Spain for many years and whenever conversation turned to football he didn’t say much but it was clear he was a big Real Madrid fan, fair enough I thought. He showed me a pic once of his baby lad wearing a Juve top which I just put down to his wife being Italian

So one time he comes in the office wearing a Utd shirt, so I go “Ayoub what the fuck are you doing with that on mate” - turns out all these years he’s literally just been a Ronaldo fan and wherever he went Ayoub supported them.

It’s a funny old world.
Oh yeah, Twitter is full of these types. They don't care about a club, they only care about certain players, usually Messi and Ronaldo, and they support whoever their fave plays for. What they'll do when their fave retires, I have no idea.

Perhaps FSG will spend 500m of their 4bn buying Leeds after selling the Dippers ….
If they had any sense they would. There's even space to build a brand new stadium next to Elland Road so they wouldn't have to fuck about extending Elland Road whilst still using it, plus a railway line running straight past as well as direct access to the motorway network and the main ring roads in Leeds. If I was a multi-billionaire looking to invest, Leeds would be my first stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.