Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt Klopp and his players have been aware of the FSG stance for a while. 2021/22 was probably the last throw of the dice for FSG to maximise profits.

The Klopp contract extension increasingly looks like a reward insurance policy rather than a commitment.

I know rawk is always good for a giggle, but the last line of this post is, well, .........
So likely spending a fair bit of money putting feelers out, and disrupting the club in the middle of the season, just so they can say 'See no-one wants to buy you, you're stuck with us and we're gonna carry on doing as we have' instead of just.....continuing doing what they have?
:D

What would be the benefit? There's not been protests or anything, they're not taking on a toxic fanbase.

I work with a Moroccan guy who lived in Spain for many years and whenever conversation turned to football he didn’t say much but it was clear he was a big Real Madrid fan, fair enough I thought. He showed me a pic once of his baby lad wearing a Juve top which I just put down to his wife being Italian

So one time he comes in the office wearing a Utd shirt, so I go “Ayoub what the fuck are you doing with that on mate” - turns out all these years he’s literally just been a Ronaldo fan and wherever he went Ayoub supported them.

It’s a funny old world.

A good Lancashire name, 'Ey up.

No doubt Klopp and his players have been aware of the FSG stance for a while. 2021/22 was probably the last throw of the dice for FSG to maximise profits.

The Klopp contract extension increasingly looks like a reward insurance policy rather than a commitment.

The sounds of it they kept him in the dark and said they were in for the long haul when he signed his contract. They didn’t want this info coming out until the break for the World Cup but has been leaked earlier.

If they had any sense they would. There's even space to build a brand new stadium next to Elland Road so they wouldn't have to fuck about extending Elland Road whilst still using it, plus a railway line running straight past as well as direct access to the motorway network and the main ring roads in Leeds. If I was a multi-billionaire looking to invest, Leeds would be my first stop.
Surely the whole point of them buying Liverpool was that the cash was already being generated. They admitted they only went ahead because they thought FFP would prevent others competing, and even then they still wanted to create a "Super" league.

Leeds would have been a good buy for sensible owners in the early 90s, and they can build on their support to move up amongst mid-table clubs, but they're still £300m+ behind Liverpool and that gap can't be breached without significant cash.

I suppose they could take a chance, and use part of the profit to try, but as we've seen with Everton, it can be a huge money pit, and FSG don't look like that kind of outfit.

Well lets hope that this lot fuck off back to mid-table mediocrity, and then there cult following can go back to attending purps games instead

Imagine if this mob ended up relegated to division 2!

Muppets the lot of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.