Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Scouser-who-says-he-comes-in-peace-makes-unsurprising-and-thinly-veiled-snide-dig-at-City-connected-with-us-not-having-any-fans-shocker" reads the headline!

I bet he's wanking himself off into his big fat Jan Molby mug right now, congratulating himself at how fucking clever and funny he thinks he is!

Prick!

"Scouser-who-says-he-comes-in-peace-makes-unsurprising-and-thinly-veiled-snide-dig-at-City-connected-with-us-not-having-any-fans-shocker" reads the headline!

I bet he's wanking himself off into his big fat Jan Molby mug right now, congratulating himself at how fucking clever and funny he thinks he is!

Prick!
Happening a lot. Loads on Everton thread too.

Except Reds outnumber Blues by a ratio of 2:1 in the city, according to Everton’s own research into Bramley Moore Dock :)

Out of interest, what do you think it is in Manchester? I’ve always assumed roughly 1:1. I know Utd fans will always claim more, but this run of success you’re on must be creating loads more young City fans? It’s only natural.
Based on a couple of things I’ve read and personal observations I’d say roughly it’s 2/3 blues south and east of the city and 2/3 reds north and west with pockets of each all over.

Prick!
Eh? Not being snide at all. I’d love to know where I said City have got no fans. Christ mate, leave off the weed it’s making you paranoid.

I said I had the impression it was 50/50, but that’s probably changing in City’s favour as the Pep years go by and your success continues. Just wondered if I was anywhere near.

The Jan Molby comment was funny though I’ll give you that :)

Last edited:
Before you can attempt to guess at answering that question, I think you need to qualify A) What exactly you mean by “Manchester “ and B) What exactly you mean by “ A fan”?
Yeah good questions to be fair. I meant Manchester as in the city of, the middle bit, not the surrounding boroughs.

I’m guessing by the second question you mean those who go the game vs those who don’t or rarely do? To be honest I probably meant ALL (or at least most) fans, as I don’t think you can discount all those who have been priced out of going. Some will disagree but you can be a fan(atic) from the comfort of your own home or the local pub. Obviously there’s some who’ll go ‘I support (one or the other)’ but couldn’t name the first team, but they’re not really supporters are they.

In Liverpool, to be fair to Everton, we’ve probably got loads more of the latter, as have Utd in Manchester.

Reading Paul Morley's biography of Tony Wilson. It makes reference to Shankly boosting his players' stamina with liberal doses of amphetamines.
Not heard this before, was it common or even legal back then?
NB I'm aware that many people think the West German team which beat Hungary in the 1954 WC Final were speeding like Patrick McGoohan in 'Hell Drivers'...
Hungary tried to sign Stanley Baker before kick off but they found out he was Welsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.