Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know where we are with that, in all honesty. Is there somewhere I can read up on this "new owner" rule?
It will either be in the ffp regs or it may be UEFA fix, in which case you would have to search press articles about the Milan clubs.
Possibly the new sustainability regs supercede the rule.

Last edited:
It will either be in the ffp regs or it may be UEFA fix, in which case you would have to search press articles about the Milan clubs.
Possibly the new sustainability regs supercede the rule.

Thanks, it's not easy to find anything specific. Had a quick look through the UEFA regs, but I didn't find anything, possibly because they are completely unfathomable. To me, at least ....

Thanks, it's not easy to find anything specific. Had a quick look through the UEFA regs, but I didn't find anything, possibly because they are completely unfathomable. To me, at least ....
I agree. The one place you won’t find financial regs is in their massive sustainability document.

UEFA have already solved that with the new owner rule under which a new owner can spend virtually what he likes provided the business plan shows a return to profitability within 3 years. They introduced this to ease the takeovers of both Milan clubs. Had the rule been in existence in 2014, we would not have been in breach of ffp.
Milan clubs were, of course, members of G14.
I wonder why they changed the rule.

UEFA have already solved that with the new owner rule under which a new owner can spend virtually what he likes provided the business plan shows a return to profitability within 3 years. They introduced this to ease the takeovers of both Milan clubs. Had the rule been in existence in 2014, we would not have been in breach of ffp.
Milan clubs were, of course, members of G14.
Thanks KS55. Do you know what action is meant to happen if the clubs didn't return to profitability?
I guess that what happens depends on the club that is in breach!

So has Jude signed yet? you know for the best moral club or has everyone decided to stop inhaling candle fumes and wake up to the fact that their club is not buying but is actually being flogged to the dirty venture capitalists?

No more player recruitment hacking and look what’s happened. If they don’t make some good buys this time around. Well it will be back down to 5th. Or maybe just bid for any player that MCFC has identified. It’s called the United way, worked well for those tramps so just maybe you have a chance once again to challenge for the prestige league cup or maybe a europa league.

Now back to crying about oil and European ticket touts.

Thanks KS55. Do you know what action is meant to happen if the clubs didn't return to profitability?
I guess that what happens depends on the club that is in breach!
The clubs had to submit a plan. One assumes that failure to adhere to it would be a breach, but this is UEFA.
As I mentioned in a previous post, the new sustainability provisions may have made this rule redundant, but it is clear as mud.

Bellingham has signed a pre contract with them according to the dippers in work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.