Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope I'm not going to be accused fof racism for this because it's definitely not intended to be.
It's also not based on scientific study and purely observation.

I think Liverpool have a fanbase with a much higher percentage of Asian fans than most other clubs. As Liverpool is not an area with a particularly high Asian population, is there a reason for this?
The most popular club with British Indians by a mile, very very popular around Southall and Brent in particular.

Hope I'm not going to be accused fof racism for this because it's definitely not intended to be.

I think Liverpool have a fanbase with a much higher percentage of Asian fans than most other clubs. As Liverpool is not an area with a particularly high Asian population, is there a reason for this?
I’ve noticed this too, though there are also a lot of Asians who are rags.

As to the reason; glory hunting; more media exposure of the two cheeks?

Commentator: He’s done it again.

View attachment 64237

I actually think that’s an insult to Andy Carroll

All joke aside, Big Andy actually had a good left foot on him and could strike a ball much better than Darwin Núñez. Better in the air too. I remember him scoring a couple of good goals against us. He had pretty decent ability, just made out of glass.

I’ve barely seen Nuñez strike a ball cleanly.

I think some of it is down to glory hunting

I moved from Manchester to Hounslow in London and then Southall/Ealing area when I was 5, a big majority of the people I grew up around were Indian and Pakistani. Despite being in London, the vast majority supported either Man Utd or Liverpool

And the reason I believe it’s a glory hunting thing is because there was a divide regarding age. I was a young kid in the mid 90’s and the kids around my age when you’re getting into football usually all supported Man Utd. The older ones who grew up in the 80’s pretty much all supported Liverpool…

Still, that doesn’t really answer why the glory hunting exists. But in my experience of growing up in heavily populated Asian communities, most of the people my age came from parents that moved to the UK instead of born here, so maybe they are the first generation to grow up in the culture of football, but they didn’t have the historical affiliation with a specific club through family or anything like that, So they just latched onto something popular as kids do and then they just kept supporting them.

Apparently, according to the BBC, these fucking rotten maggots won the FA Cup and League Cup last season and barely missed out on the League and Champions League.
There was me thinking they didn't win the League or Champions League and barely won the FA Cup and League Cup...
D6YqfNpXsAAvhuL

But didn't...

smokes-guardiola.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.