Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do enjoy listening to Klopp talk about how they score excellent goals with great football but concede silly goals that they should avoid.

As well as claiming Haaland was offside with that chance inside 20 seconds, might need to have more eye surgery when you go for a top up on the teeth.

Hope I'm not going to be accused fof racism for this because it's definitely not intended to be.
It's also not based on scientific study and purely observation.

I think Liverpool have a fanbase with a much higher percentage of Asian fans than most other clubs. As Liverpool is not an area with a particularly high Asian population, is there a reason for this?

I think they, 'nited and Assnal have always attracted Johnny Come Lately's. If you look at any press you'd think the red shirts are and always have been omnipotent. Of course it's just nonsense.

As a person of colour, for immigrants and their families, supporting a popular club was/is a shortcut to acceptance in wider society. It's obviously much easier as well to support a 'istreee based team. At heart is essentially the same as plastics in Devon supporting the rags, gives them a wider sense of belonging.

City have had excellent community work and had a definite connection with the black community in Moss Side. I think more could have been done to get Rusholme and the wider Asian community engaged with the club. As we become even more successful more overseas and immigrant fans will start following us, nature of the beast.

From RAWK:
Literally every one of their World Cup players, bar Cancelo and Alvarez were thrown back in for it. Rushed back for the fucking League Cup. Small time desperate pricks, led by a wanker doing mind games. I saw that Ake was limping by the end - would be fucking lovely if their desperation to knock us out of the lowest priority trophy came back to bite them.

A number of posts condemning the singing of the 'Always the victims' song. Are they of the mistaken belief that the song is about their tragedy, or have they spun it that way deliberately?

I do enjoy listening to Klopp talk about how they score excellent goals with great football but concede silly goals that they should avoid.

As well as claiming Haaland was offside with that chance inside 20 seconds, might need to have more eye surgery when you go for a top up on the teeth.

They're mad as frogs. Scousers on social media banging on about the referee, how Rodri should've been sent off and our uncut grass.

I would agree with you. John Barnes a big factor as to why alot of black and Asian UK fans support them. Also who was on TV and winning a lot back in the day made a difference. When football stadiums were a lot more racist going to your local stadium was not an option for many bame fans and also not having family ties to an area
Hope I'm not going to be accused fof racism for this because it's definitely not intended to be.
It's also not based on scientific study and purely observation.

I think Liverpool have a fanbase with a much higher percentage of Asian fans than most other clubs. As Liverpool is not an area with a particularly high Asian population, is there a reason for this?

Morning Blues.

9+ minutes of highlights

W should have been out of sight before we scored. Håland, Palmer and de Bruyne were all guilty of terrible misses.

How the fuck wasn’t Fabinho shown a red for that disgusting scissors tackle on Dave?

However, I’m not surprised that he received a yellow too. He should have got his retaliation in first!

I wonder if the Scousers will have a Blue Christmas.

From RAWK:
Literally every one of their World Cup players, bar Cancelo and Alvarez were thrown back in for it. Rushed back for the fucking League Cup. Small time desperate pricks, led by a wanker doing mind games. I saw that Ake was limping by the end - would be fucking lovely if their desperation to knock us out of the lowest priority trophy came back to bite them.

A number of posts condemning the singing of the 'Always the victims' song. Are they of the mistaken belief that the song is about their tragedy, or have they spun it that way deliberately?
There I thought Walker, Ederson and Foden went to the World Cup. Didn't realise Stones and Grealish started the game either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.