Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although YT compilations are often meaningless, this kid scores a lot of very good goals. Happy we got him. If we can just get one of Enzo or (unlikely) Bellingham plus one other I think we’ll be good to compete with you guys again next year.

Edit: the Bellingham profile pic is not mine, it is Scouting Football’s

The arrival of gakpo is needed, they need to start replacing their old 1st team outfield players - they have 9 who will be 30+ next year (we have 5)

I presume with the likes of the midfield of Milner, Henderson, Thiago, firmino & oxlade they’ll have to spend a fortune on their midfield this January & summer, else Klopps hoofball tactical masterclass will be even more in use.

Central Defense is also heading towards needing a large outlay in the next year or so.
Liverpool's defense did look pretty poor against Villa who had quite a few chances. Hopefully they will miss out on the top 4 as not having Champions League football will make them a less attractive prospect to the likes of Bellingham who could greatly improve their midfield.
I am fed up with the toxic nonsense that surrounds them and gets in the way of us enjoying the great football our team are serving up.

I can't see Liverpool going for Jude as the overall package would be transfer value £130 million and a five year salary package of at least £400k pw so that's another £100 million. FSG won't pay these sums I don't think.

Gapko is £45m plus a £50 million salary package.

However Gapko is another attacker so maybe Diaz and Jota may be out for longer than expected. They still haven't addressed the ageing midfield problem and that's why they're sniffing around Enzo Fernandez, however he will cost north of £100m transfer fee and they may get outbid.

I've no doubt Liverpool will look to offload this summer in order to balance the books and several player contracts are up for renewal. They are still so reliant on Mo Salah. Mane is a big loss.

I can't see Liverpool going for Jude as the overall package would be transfer value £130 million and a five year salary package of at least £400k pw so that's another £100 million. FSG won't pay these sums I don't think.

Gapko is £45m plus a £50 million salary package.

However Gapko is another attacker so maybe Diaz and Jota may be out for longer than expected. They still haven't addressed the ageing midfield problem and that's why they're sniffing around Enzo Fernandez, however he will cost north of £100m transfer fee and they may get outbid.

I've no doubt Liverpool will look to offload this summer in order to balance the books and several player contracts are up for renewal. They are still so reliant on Mo Salah. Mane is a big loss.

Salah probably only has until the end of next season anyway

His contract is up in 2025, I doubt they let him go for free

So I reckon they’ll sell him at the end of the 23-24 season. He’ll be about 32 then, so I’m sure some club in good club Europe will take him and they can get a decent fee for him still.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they sold him at the end of this season if the price was right and it meant bringing midfielders in, because they know he’s only going to be there at least another year or two anyway, probably 1

The arrival of gakpo is needed, they need to start replacing their old 1st team outfield players - they have 9 who will be 30+ next year (we have 5)
Mahrez, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Walker, who am I missing.

The Villa fans singing "Your just a shit Andy Carroll" was hilarious , Nunez couldnt finish a decent breakfast , they have paid £85m for a player who can run fast , comical.
Have they linked that chant to the Sheffield incident yet?

Genuinely had never heard of Gakpo before the World Cup.

Surely will mean one of Jota, Salah, Nunez or Diaz will look to move on eventually. I can’t see them all staying happy and in the line up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.