Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
They need that speed and chaos from the front three to take the heat off their wanky midfield. Klopp is playing the percentages knowing that if the front three can run like mad for 90 mins and TAA can get the ball to them then they will win most games. That's all his 'heavy metal football' bollocks is really - hard to deal with though unless you are super organised and have cool heads throughout as we often find out. They've beaten us in quite a few big games and frankly deserved to (our naivety plus their work rate), but I can't honestly remember the last time I thought they were the better team.
I think the natural cool and calm approach that Pep brings is what marks City out as the team that is best suited to defeating the "heavy metal" style.... that and good players who can implement the philosophy and style that Pep wants. The composure (cool heads) and technical ability will most of the time make you the superior team with those small margins being the difference in the result (being under cooked earlier this year, Milner not getting the 2nd yellow or TAA being pinged for handball).

....And as for Gakpo, who really knows how well he will turn out. That said, I think his fee simply shows how much we overpaid for Nunez. Fees really do seem mad these days. You get Haaland for £35m, Gakpo for similar, Nunez overpriced and then they are talking about £100m odd for Fernandez....and how much will Bellingham go for?
Can't help thinking that we perhaps should have saved our money for a top midfielder, but I suspect that Klopp/ FSG are perhaps starting to panic at the prospect of not making the top 4.

I think the natural cool and calm approach that Pep brings is what marks City out as the team that is best suited to defeating the "heavy metal" style.... that and good players who can implement the philosophy and style that Pep wants. The composure (cool heads) and technical ability will most of the time make you the superior team with those small margins being the difference in the result (being under cooked earlier this year, Milner not getting the 2nd yellow or TAA being pinged for handball).

....And as for Gakpo, who really knows how well he will turn out. That said, I think his fee simply shows how much we overpaid for Nunez. Fees really do seem mad these days. You get Haaland for £35m, Gakpo for similar, Nunez overpriced and then they are talking about £100m odd for Fernandez....and how much will Bellingham go for?
Can't help thinking that we perhaps should have saved our money for a top midfielder, but I suspect that Klopp/ FSG are perhaps starting to panic at the prospect of not making the top 4.
For whatever reason he must think there is more chance of fatigue/ injuries affecting the front three than old age catching up with Henderson/ milner etc this side of April.

Heavy metal lol it's an expensive Wimbledon on inhalers. I see more controlled football in the park on a Sunday morning !

Cut the width and the supply to both their fullbacks so they can't cross balls continually and Liverpool are in trouble. But most Managers, their tactics, and their teams either stop doing that during the game or don't do it at all. The majority of Liverpool's attacking play comes from out wide, with both fullbacks pushing forward and crossing the ball into the penalty area. It is hoof ball, but from the final third of the opposition half.

Last edited:

The cool head shown by Lewis since his emergence backing up your point mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.