Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aguero twice too wasn't it. The West Ham incident was fuckin pathetic.
That one too. The only difference between Aguero and the other two was that Thatcher & Adebayor were booked, whereas the ref in the West Ham game (Marriner?) initially said he'd seen the incident and hadn't considered it worthy of further action but was "persuaded" (via an offer of refereeing the League Cup final) to change his mind.

Thatcher deserved harsher punishment but Aguero and Adebayor were the result of media pressure, pure and simple.

They could hardly ask the ref to change his match report because he gave the yellow.

When Mark Halsey did't think Sergio's 'elbow' on Winston Reid warranted a card he was instructed to alter his match report to say he hadn't seen the incident by someone at the PiGMOL. This meant that retrospective action could be taken and lead to Serge being banned for the Derby.

BENT AS F*CK.
But there is a thread in this section where people will argue for days that the game is not corrupt.
Surely the referee didn't lie, it's not as if there is a photograph of Halsey looking directly at the incident he didnt see ........

Oh hang on.

They could hardly ask the ref to change his match report because he gave the yellow.
But in the Adebayor incident that's exactly what they did. I was at a Points of Blue meeting a couple of days after that and I think it was Vicky Kloss told us the story. So it's not some rumour or conspiracy theory.

Clattenburg had reported that he'd booked Adebayor for inciting the Arsenal fans by his celebration (which you couldn't really argue with). But the FA Chief Executive (an Arsenal fan) had announced on Radio 5 Live on the Sunday that Adebayor would be charged. So Clattenburg changed his report to say Adebayor was booked for time-wasting, meaning they could take retrospective action for the goal celebration.

As you said, bent as fuck, and the club were furious.

Last edited:
But there is a thread in this section where people will argue for days that the game is not corrupt.
Surely the referee didn't lie, it's not as if there is a photograph of Halsey looking directly at the incident he didnt see ........

Oh hang on.
It was Marriner, not Halsey.

What pisses me off is that they make a blatant 'mistake' and come out and apologise, so it all blows over.

How many blatant 'mistakes' have we suffered from against these rats and not a murmur? Handballs not given, clear penalties not given, offsides not given or given wrongly against us, yellows or second yellows not given.

Last edited:
What pisses me off is that they make a blatant 'mistake' and come out and apologise, so it all blows over.

How many blatant 'mistakes' have we suffered from against these rats and not a murmur? Handballs mot given, clear penalties not given, offsides not given or given wrongly against us, yellows or second yellows not given.

Main reason media don’t make a massive stink about it in the papers plus I’d expect the likes of the scousers the rags and Arsenal whinge like fuck to the fa head of referees! Just look back to last season the Rodri hand ball the moaning on social media tv shows papers Everton boards at it for there apology!

So Chelsea are getting Enzo a solid MF, Arsenal are getting Jorginho, Fucking Southampton are getting Sulemana and we are sitting here with our ducks in our hand, sponsored by FSG and Klopp. Klopp and FSG out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.