Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple solution to the verminous rats booing the anthem is stop picking any of the victims players for England. Their captain and one or two others would soon change their tune. 95% of the morons have zero idea why they do it, they just join in because the are thick and in a cult nobody wants to be different.

Alternatively my friend, waistcoat should pick as many dipper players as possible that are eligible to play for England then the English fans should boo the fcuk out of every one of them from first whistle to last whenever they touch the ball..

I might even start watching the National team if this was made compulsory..!

How this bunch of feral cunts have got a reputation as cheeky scallies is beyond me. They are nothing more than thieving scum and I'd never trust one.

I think it goes back to their history of comedians - Arthur Askey - Doddy - Tarby and so on - and the Beatles - those cheeky scamps - I always preferred Geordies myself, grafters who have a proper sense of humour. As a comparison think the comedy drama Auf Wiedersehen Pet as opposed to Boys from the Blackstuff. In the former Geordie tradies facing hard times got off their arses and went and grafted - in Boys a group of dippers are staying at home its much darker all round as they wander about demanding to be given work...... makes ya think

The shop was called the Orchard and it was on Great Western Street.
He loved the people in the area, he always said that the immigrants were the most honest folk you could ever meet, country folk who took pride in the verity of their words - if someone couldn’t afford their weekly shopping, and said that they’d pay him for it before the end of the week, then he knew that they’d do so by Saturday closing or it would override be posted through the door and on the mat when he opened up on Monday morning.
Every week my mam and me walked from Lloyd street to Great Western Street to do the shopping. As well as green grocers there was an egg shop where the owner used have this trick of chucking your eggs one by one in the air and catching them in a paper bag. Not one was ever broken. I bet we went in your grand dads shop.

The shop was called the Orchard and it was on Great Western Street.
He loved the people in the area, he always said that the immigrants were the most honest folk you could ever meet, country folk who took pride in the verity of their words - if someone couldn’t afford their weekly shopping, and said that they’d pay him for it before the end of the week, then he knew that they’d do so by Saturday closing or it would override be posted through the door and on the mat when he opened up on Monday morning.
I’ll ask my old man next time I speak to him. We were on Upper Lloyd St right by Great Western.

Every week my mam and me walked from Lloyd street to Great Western Street to do the shopping. As well as green grocers there was an egg shop where the owner used have this trick of chucking your eggs one by one in the air and catching them in a paper bag. Not one was ever broken. I bet we went in your grand dads shop.

I bet we’re about the same age.
It was my dad, not grandad, and his name was Jim. He’ll have known the egg shop owner because everyone knew everybody. There was a real sense of community - in the holidays all the kids just played out all day and everyone knew who they belonged to and kept an eye on them.
He sold all sorts of stuff from the Caribbean, as well as fruit and veg he often had a barrel of ox tails in brine and a big tub of salt fish.
He had an assistant called Olive, a lovely West Indian lady who wore a sumptuous wig, she looked like Shirley Bassey in he prime. I was only a nipper and she doted on me, spoilt me rotten. I miss her to this day.
My mum used to work there on Saturdays while my gran & grandad minded us in term time, but I was generally in the shop getting under everyone’s feet or mooching about on or around Great Western Street throughout the summer holidays.
Happy days eh? :-)

Yep.
What surprises me in our modern one stop shop world is how my mum would walk all over the place for the best prices, just to save a few coppers. There was a BATA shoe shop and a mens clothes shop where I got Farah trousers on Great Western Street too.
I’m 70 by the way.

How on earth they can justify themselves by booing the anthem is incredible. Some of the things that guy said on that video were ridiculous and proof that they are a cult! I don’t sing the anthem but would never boo it. The media are pathetic in their non committal comments on the cults scummy behaviour.
I don't disrespect the anthem but I never sing it either. I did on Saturday with gusto. The Dippers are just needy, attention seeking 2hats

Simple solution to the verminous rats booing the anthem is stop picking any of the victims players for England. Their captain and one or two others would soon change their tune. 95% of the morons have zero idea why they do it, they just join in because the are thick and in a cult nobody wants to be different.
Only this

Half the Liverpool fans there at the weekend won’t be residents of Liverpool but have chosen to follow Liverpool due to some failing in their character. How these people can join in the booing for the reasons stated is beyond me

So a guy from Kent decides to support Liverpool as a kid decides to boo the national anthem because why? He identifies with the sentiment? Because he agrees with the stance taken.

I just don’t get it. The only thing you are left with like you say is they were doing it because everybody else was which is quite bizarre when you think about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.