Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason UEFA are at fault is that they are supposed to assess the risks and then put in place a plan which is safe for supporters turning up with genuine tickets for the match.

If they were aware that there were likely to be a lot of fake tickets (and I believe Merseyside police warned them), then they have a responsibility to the other fans to make sure they can deal with that effectively.

The coverage in the Guardian has been particularly red-tinted, but there was a good interactive showing the whole route for fans to the stadium. They were essentially forced into very long bottle necks (and these couldn't be seen by the people arriving so they didn't realise that there was a problem ahead), and at these points they tried to check tickets. Even without fake tickets it looked like a recipe for disaster, but as soon as tickets start getting rejected, the whole thing collapses. There is already a crush behind, so nowhere for the fan whose ticket has been rejected to go (and bear in mind they could have a genuine ticket but a fake copy had been scanned), and given that it's a massive bottle neck, there is constant pressure building up behind.

No-one is saying that UEFA didn't look after the fans trying to jib in, they're saying that they put the fans who had spent a lot of money on genuine tickets at risk
When looking to solve a problem you should always start at the root cause & ask what could we have done differently. UEFA’s fatal mistake was allowing paper tickets in the Liverpool end, as Lfc insisted this be the case then I see that as them being part responsible, they accepted and distributed the tickets (maybe even forged some) therefore I see it as their responsibility if they fall into the wrong hands, had they been digital the black market would of been a lot smaller. All Lfc had to do was print peoples names on the tickets (not too difficult) and require them to show valid I.d. on entry….let’s put it this way, if we reach Wembley in the fa cup & we’re allocated 37’000 and 40’000 + turn up/gain entry and chaos ensues, do you think the fa investigate & blame themselves? Or do you think they’ll say City wtf have you done?

So it was UEFA, who printed and distributed the fake tickets, and encouraged Littlewoods fans to travel to Paris without a valid means of entry to the stadium?
I don't know how true it is, but I remember reading in the aftermath that UEFA wanted to do only electronic tickets and it was Liverpool who insisted on also having printed tickets. Now the advice from the report has come out and said that all tickets should be electronic for future events, and Jordan Henderson is banging on about how UEFA should implement all of the findings in the report.

The reason UEFA are at fault is that they are supposed to assess the risks and then put in place a plan which is safe for supporters turning up with genuine tickets for the match.

If they were aware that there were likely to be a lot of fake tickets (and I believe Merseyside police warned them), then they have a responsibility to the other fans to make sure they can deal with that effectively.

The coverage in the Guardian has been particularly red-tinted, but there was a good interactive showing the whole route for fans to the stadium. They were essentially forced into very long bottle necks (and these couldn't be seen by the people arriving so they didn't realise that there was a problem ahead), and at these points they tried to check tickets. Even without fake tickets it looked like a recipe for disaster, but as soon as tickets start getting rejected, the whole thing collapses. There is already a crush behind, so nowhere for the fan whose ticket has been rejected to go (and bear in mind they could have a genuine ticket but a fake copy had been scanned), and given that it's a massive bottle neck, there is constant pressure building up behind.

No-one is saying that UEFA didn't look after the fans trying to jib in, they're saying that they put the fans who had spent a lot of money on genuine tickets at risk
Shame Liverpool fans can never show a duty of care to other Liverpool fans...or any other fans for that matter.
Obviously that's someone else's responsibility. Other clubs seem to get by without these large scale "incidents", but the common denominator clearly can't be questioned.

Last edited:
To be fair it must be fucking annoying being a genuine decent liverpool fan being tarnished with their ferel brethren knowing there’s fuckall they can do about anything.

The scouse mafia have football by the bollox
The whole hillsborough episode is a free pass for the dippers to do anything they want and never be questioned through fear of huge compensation claims.

When you have their biggest and hated rivals getting in bed with them you know it’s fucked.

But I do believe it won’t be long before they slip up, they just can’t help what they are
It’s in their dna.

'Over 600 Liverpool fans step up legal claim against UEFA over CL final'

Fuckin state of this.

Absolute shithouses.

Real Madrid winning that final will eventually be airbrushed out of the history books as a goodwill gesture to the victims in red.
Then everyone can move on with their lives

'Over 600 Liverpool fans step up legal claim against UEFA over CL final'

Fuckin state of this.

Absolute shithouses.
Haha, they'll be busy doing this at the same time as claiming all those benefits and suing the council for tripping on loose paving - it'll virtually be a full time job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.