Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Myers at the Peveril of the Peak yesterday.
Both of the Canadian actors parents are Scousers
View attachment 73884
He was interviewed by Natalie Pike by the pitch before the game. My lad didn't know who he was and didn't know he was a Liverpool fan commented that it was the most boring interview ever.

The club will know if they talk to us that hillsborough is not included in the victims chants , whose fucking side are the club on ffs
So is there a list somewhere that says what incidents are included and what is not?

The issue I have with the chant is the word "always".
Always means everytime. And they were the victims of a gross cover up by the police and government.
So I find it difficult to accept that the song doesn't include Hillsborough.

Also a good deal of fans who know that actually chanting about Hillsborough is a definite no no, hide behind this chant - knowing full well they do mean it about (or including) Hillsborough - and then plead all innocent when questioned about it being about (or including) Hillsborough.

It is a very ambiguous and antagonistic chant because of that ambiguity, which I hope in time like the Belsen, Munich and other such chants become a thing of the past. There are lots of chants we can sing about them, without this one being aired.

Last edited:
So is there a list somewhere that says what incidents are included and what is not?

The issue I have with the chant is the word "always".
Always means everytime. And they were the victims of a gross cover up by the police and government.
So I find it difficult to accept that the song doesn't include Hillsborough.

Also a good deal of fans who know that actually chanting about Hillsborough is a definite no no, hide behind this chant - knowing full well they do mean it about (or including) Hillsborough - and then plead all innocent when questioned about it being about (or including) Hillsborough.

It is a very ambiguous and antagonistic chant because of that ambiguity, which I hope in time like the Belsen, Munich and other such chants become a thing of the past. There are lots of chants we can sing about them, without this one being aired.
Hopefully fans around the PL can come up with another song that specifically references heysel, Istanbul, Athens and Paris as well as their general sense of persecution without implying reference to Hillsborough. Until then I suppose murderers/it's never your fault will have to do.

Hopefully fans around the PL can come up with another song that specifically references heysel, Istanbul, Athens and Paris as well as their general sense of persecution without implying reference to Hillsborough. Until then I suppose murderers/it's never your fault will have to do.
... and lobbing blocks of concrete, and wanking in fountains...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.