Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif
Get those red marker pens out for the empty seats…

The victims song isn't just about jibbing or thieving and the subsequent problems, not to me anyway.
It is about Michael Shields and the disgraceful actions of fans and supporters groups that led to the Home Secretary freeing him. He maimed an innocent waiter and yet Jack Straw released him simply because of the pressure brought to bear by the people of Liverpool. Politicians and religious leaders all said Shields was innocent. The football club even allowed huge banners to be displayed protesting his innocence. A man, in fear of his life was forced to confess to the crime, all to free a a guilty man. (His false confession was so ridiculous it was ignored but that wasn't the point)
They have no shame and no morals, they will do anything to get what they want, they certainly did in this instance.

So is there a list somewhere that says what incidents are included and what is not?

The issue I have with the chant is the word "always".
Always means everytime. And they were the victims of a gross cover up by the police and government.
So I find it difficult to accept that the song doesn't include Hillsborough.

Also a good deal of fans who know that actually chanting about Hillsborough is a definite no no, hide behind this chant - knowing full well they do mean it about (or including) Hillsborough - and then plead all innocent when questioned about it being about (or including) Hillsborough.

It is a very ambiguous and antagonistic chant because of that ambiguity, which I hope in time like the Belsen, Munich and other such chants become a thing of the past. There are lots of chants we can sing about them, without this one being aired.
So why are our fans getting it in the neck ? Every ground they are going to they get the same chant , why does our club apologise profusely every time we play them , do Liverpool apologise for the Shipman chants when ourselves or the Rags play them ?
The Dippers love playing the victim , the poor down trodden scouser , whinging to the media and whoever else will listen , as for our fans knowing "full well" it refers to Hillsborough then prove such a statement. Or have you done a straw poll of the fans who sign the "victim" song , put up or shut up, i know a few of our fans who sing the song and it is aimed at Heysel ,its the Dippers who bring Hillsborough into it at every opportunity , if you attend games you know"full well" what the chant refers to.

Reactions: PPT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.