Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Former Liverpool striker Michael Owen does not think it is all doom and gloom, however.

"Liverpool's strength is that group of players who have been to the trenches and won together. That takes years of building. Pity they are all too old now. Owen said, speaking on BT Sport.

"I think Liverpool have got enough. Looking through their starting XI, there's nobody out there better than their goalkeeper except Eddy. Their right-back is unbelievably bad at defending, the left-back is a dirty twat, Virgil van Dijk is probably the best in the world when he is on form, which is never. Ibrahima Konate is brilliant at knitting.

"The front five are dodgy. Darwin Nunez was the hottest striker around last year but has now been found out. Cody Gakpo was one of the stars of the World Cup kissing team.

"When they bought Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino they weren't £100m players, they weren't the best in the world at the time and they never rose above mediocrity. Nunez could be anything from useless to worse than useless. He could be one of the best cake makers in the world in five years."
Edited for accuracy.

Jurgen Klopp: "[I’m the] last man standing… I'm aware of the fact I'm sitting here because of the past, not because of what we did this season"

Pressure mounting and he is starting to unravel, as he did at Dortmund. And he’ll leave Liverpool in a similarly depleted state, which will see them struggle further for seasons to come.

Rinse and repeat at whichever club picks him up next.
giphy.gif

You are correct the song is not about Hillsborough exclusively but if the word "always" is included, when Liverpool fans were victims at Hillsborough, then how does the song not include Hillsborough?

If it isn't about Hillsborough then why not sing "always the victims, but not Hillsborough" that way it is clear 100% that it isn't about Hillsborough.
By using the word "always" meaning everytime, it is open to interpretation so don't be surprised the scousers have interpreted it differently to you.

In no way am I standing up for the scousers, but City fans should be better than this. There are plenty of songs to aim at them with scoring points over tragedies.
I guess we will agree to disagree.
We are not scoring points over tragedies as the song is not about tragedies. Its about them causing mayhem misery and destruction wherever and whenever they go anywhere and then blaming others for what they have done. They are absolutely pathetic. They actively go out of their way to find offence with anything and everything. Then everyone runs around pandering and apologising to the needy scumbags.

Why are City coming out against our fans.They should be highlighting everything the feral scouse rats do and not let it go.I would love fans of all clubs to start singing justice for the 39 and see what the media and our PR department make of it.
They’d just do what they always do and go bwaaaah hillsborough!

I wonder if years of trying to compete with us and for the most part coming off second best has had a motivational factor for them. Klopps insistence that they can’t compete with us and the fact they watched us purchase the best number 9 in the world has eroded that motivation even further. Then the club announce their owners arnt particularly interested in carrying on by putting it up for sale. Mane leaves, and their midfield relies on a 90 year old Milner and an amateur in Elliot. I think they have regressed big time and I don’t see it changing unless a fresh approach and idea is implemented. Long may it continue!
Are you saying its our fault ?

Where's the ambiguity? The song is not about Hillsborough.
Let's hand over our list of songs and chants to the scousers so they can decide what we can and can't sing. Because that is effectively where this is heading. If you think it will stop at this song you are badly mistaken.
It has already started. The Allez song the young Blues re-worded specifically said 'all the way to Kiev' and yet within weeks the dippers said it was about Sean Cox getting assaulted.
They will twist anything and everything to suit what they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.