Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now, the only thing that people talk about this Liverpool team is their under achievement. 8 years of Klopp, out of which were 5 trophyless seasons (ignoring the Community Shield). Maybe in the future when fond memories take over, they may get appreciated more.

Klopp has done a decent job there in fairness. I'm trying to remember what they've won. One premier league, one fa cup, one league cup and one champions league? I'm not counting the Mickey mouse stuff ( No pun intended ) but they do. By that I mean any charity shields and that world club thing or whatever it's called. They have also had great seasons where they've missed out on more trophies by a whisker, thankfully we stopped them on most. It feels like they've won more because of the intensely positive media coverage they get. Indeed the press wank about their gallant failures more than our heroic successes. They also make out Klopp has done this by spending a couple of hundred quid and a squad full of academy players, while we've spent hundreds of millions. Utter bollocks of course.

Klopp has done a decent job there in fairness. I'm trying to remember what they've won. One premier league, one fa cup, one league cup and one champions league? I'm not counting the Mickey mouse stuff ( No pun intended ) but they do. By that I mean any charity shields and that world club thing or whatever it's called. They have also had great seasons where they've missed out on more trophies by a whisker, thankfully we stopped them on most. It feels like they've won more because of the intensely positive media coverage they get. Indeed the press wank about their gallant failures more than our heroic successes. They also make out Klopp has done this by spending a couple of hundred quid and a squad full of academy players, while we've spent hundreds of millions. Utter bollocks of course.

Klopp and Liverpool have been the recipients of a rag side that imploded after whisky breath hung up his boots and the press have ran with it, being told their achievements outshine ours because they did it by spending a tenner and giving tramps of the streets games because they can't afford players was the order of the day.

Even the rags under different managers have won 5 trophies in the timeframe klipperty has been the scouse boss, at the very least the scousers can only claim the "Fighting for scraps" moral high ground mate :)

Last edited:
Looks like Aldo has been on the Skol again, didn’t he sarcastically pat Brian Laws on the back of the head when he scored an own goal in the replayed Fa cup semi final after the Hillsborough disaster?
View attachment 73999
He ruffled Laws’ hair after he scored that own goal. The classless ****.

Stuart Pearce said he wanted to chin him for that.

When Arsenal scored that late title winner at Anfield in ’89, Tony Adams ran straight up to Aldridge and said ‘that’s for Brian Laws’!

If ‘Aldo’ doesn’t want Pep trying to shake Liverpool’s players hands when we score, he needs to tell them to get the fuck out of our technical area. It’s never their fault though is it? Pep is the big baddie here!

Little man syndrome.

original

Looks like Aldo has been on the Skol again, didn’t he sarcastically pat Brian Laws on the back of the head when he scored an own goal in the replayed Fa cup semi final after the Hillsborough disaster?
View attachment 73999
This is what alcohol does to your memory but then again he's a Dipper so another example of a cult member with selective amnesia

They also make out Klopp has done this by spending a couple of hundred quid and a squad full of academy players,
This is the narrative that the media has been promoting for them since Bingo's teeth turned up a week or so ago before the rest of him at the Shrine. It is a false narrative, of course, as any open-minded football fan will say. But because a fair slice of their 'supporters' are from thousands of miles away, and never actually set foot in this country, let alone Anfield, they are spun the line that both the dippers and the rags are loved and adored by everybody when the complete opposite is the truth.
Clickbait, replica shirts, huge social media presence etc, all combine to keep the money rolling in in one way or another.

The sort of fans who would believe London's streets are paved with gold if the British press told them.

Now the dust has started to settle, I do hope we don't have all the hysteria next season, they are not our rivals albeit they represent a rival city, but not in footballing terms and they won't be for a long time if ever again, it's back to mediocracy for them

Hysteria ? I think it's all from the dippers, I couldnt give a shit about the dippers until the coach attack.

The dippers have stirred this up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.