Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly just got into a Liverpool fan from Edinburgh......... you know the usual Oil money bollox when I pointed out that every club that has down well through history have had some kind of boost to get there he wouldn’t have it ............ when I suggest looking at Liverpool in the 60s and the 70s and the littlewoods money he’s suddenly gone silent .......... that’s the problem with these loons they have it there heads that Liverpool rose to the top without spending a penny the deluded Victim twats

Honestly just got into a Liverpool fan from Edinburgh......... you know the usual Oil money bollox when I pointed out that every club that has down well through history have had some kind of boost to get there he wouldn’t have it ............ when I suggest looking at Liverpool in the 60s and the 70s and the littlewoods money he’s suddenly gone silent .......... that’s the problem with these loons they have it there heads that Liverpool rose to the top without spending a penny the deluded Victim twats

Yep won all those trophies on the back of gambling

A fair analysis, Tom. I am nostalgic for the days on the old Kippax and City could preserve that spirit and that identity if they made a serious effort to cherish the legacy fans. Sadly, the club is not really interested in doing that. Lots of fine words, but precious little action. Instead, give advertising preference by removing seats, expect fans to wait in massive phone queues, run a dysfunctional ticket office, poor bar service, crap beer, little fan communication, rubbish official website etc etc.
Tbf, it’s not all bad and the club does make an effort when a fan needs a leg up.
The feeling is of a business which is very successful, but a business it is, less a club.
Am I being too harsh?
Right, the Bovril came back! Still waiting for the meat 'n potato pie, or the potato 'n meat pie.

Considering Salah is the greatest forward in the world (according to RAWK) his pay is shit. No wonder he wants more. In fact, LFC's whole team is underpaid as they are all the greatest player in their position, and as for Klopp, his wage should be doubled. Skinflints!

Don’t know if it’s healthy or not but I must spend 95% of my online time in the BM forum constantly clicking the new posts button. A lot of the time new comments have been added to the Media thread, the Scum thread or the Dippers thread and I seem to have developed an intense hatred of all three entities.

Yesterday I was waiting to go on the first tee at the local golf club and some guy pulled up in his car which had a Liverpool air freshener hanging from his mirror and I just really wanted to smash his windows in and jump up and down on his bonnet and roof. Don’t know the guy but I’m guessing he’s a prick.

Considering Salah is the greatest forward in the world (according to RAWK) his pay is shit. No wonder he wants more. In fact, LFC's whole team is underpaid as they are all the greatest player in their position, and as for Klopp, his wage should be doubled. Skinflints!

The whole team is under paid but they are top of the wages league top 3 how come? Mane was on 100k a week no wonder he jumped ship

Good post. Whenever I go to an away game at Anfield, the voices of the home fans generally aren’t scouse whereas at Goodison there’s scousers everywhere. It’s a tourist destination more than a club for locals. We’re heading that way but nowhere near as far gone. Hence your match day revenue per fan is 50% more than ours. Only a small amount of that is the price of tickets being more. The majority is merchandise and overpriced food and drink. I’d rather we made up the difference with a sock sponsor or something rather than have the club lose its local following in pursuit of maximising match day revenue.
Actually it is because of ticket prices. Not because they're more expensive, but because their percentage of season ticket holders is way lower. Not that there's not demand, they have a huge waiting list. But their owners would rather cater to an ever-changing group of day trippers paying 60 quid a seat than locals paying 40 quid a seat for the whole season. Everton have more season ticket holders than Liverpool despite the stadium holding 14,000 fewer. We've got 13,000 more season ticket holders than them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.