Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm afraid it's the modern world. Everything is monetised. Eventually, they will find a way to make money from the turds you shit and the air you breathe. Top-level football is a symptom of this - modern capitalism - not the disease.

If they have a choice between some guy who has been going for 60 years and spends £35, and some guy who has never been before, just wants the 'experience' and will spend £350, who are they going to choose?

The only way it would ever go badly wrong would be if they got relegated, and the way things are now, it's pretty near impossible for a top team to fall that far, and the Yank cartel is working on making it absolutely impossible.

Look at United. They are absolute dogshite. Their real fans hate the 'football' and just about everything else about 'their' club. But they still finished 6th and are paying out 11 million notes in dividends, mainly to the Glazers. The Glazers are happy as they have got a cash-generating machine. Who cares about what some pleb from Salford thinks, even if he's been going to OT since 1960? The Glazers are still getting their money.

In another 20 years, City will be broadly similar to Liverpool and the Rags in that sense. We will have plastic fans all around the world. Money will be flowing in. Matchday revenues will be much, much higher. Local fans will be a minority, and if they can get in at all most will have the shitty seats/standing areas. The best areas will be for those willing to pay stupid amounts.

It's just the way it is, I'm afraid. I don't think there's any point in fighting it. You might as well ask for Gorton Tank to reopen and start building steam locos to bring coal over from Yorkshire. The old world is gone with the wind. It ain't coming back.

Last edited:
Yeah some pretty fair comments regarding the modern game and fanbase.
I think the thing which sums it up for me and you will all see it if you visit Liverpool on a match day is when you get to about 1 o’clock - 2 o’clock you will see people walking to there local pubs with there shirts on holding sons and daughters hands and they will have there Liverpool shirts on too.. these are all local fans who have either been priced out or simply not able to buy tickets due to OOT and foreign fans demand. When you get to Anfield you can play a game of spot the scouser you really can. Feel sorry for people who have sensative eyes because if Liverpool get a corner.. free kick around the penalty area or score a goal you are blinded by camera flash bulbs going off, it’s a real tourist trap and one which the Club actively persues.

Listen.. I can only give you my opinion based on experience.. sadly the way my club has gone has turned me in some ways quite bitter towards it that’s what I hope your club doesn’t become but sadly when success comes along it goes hand in hand with gloryhunters and eventually the identity goes..
I chuckle listening to some of the anti scouse or anti Liverpool posts on hear.. but come on let’s be honest.. my City and Manchester are exactly the same.. good.. bad and in some cases ugly just like any other place.. I would definately go as far as to say I have more in common with City or even a United fan who lives in Hulme.. Deansgate.. Belle Vue or Fallowfield than a Liverpool fan living in Berkshire or Kent.. all I ask is don’t get locals mixed up with Out Of Town fans as we are entirely different.. on here plenty admit to having scouse friends and work mates who are fair minded and not as deluded as OOT fans.
@jimharri I,m with you, come on Tom your blue aren,t you on the wind up :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.