Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The weirdest thing about this is the arrogance.

Ok so let's just presume for a minute that Jesus Christ is the Lord and saviour of humanity, the creator of the Universe and the one true God. Imagine the shit the guy has on his plate. But this lad reckons that he's going to come down on his side for a footy game. I don't know how these people think it works - if more City fans pray than Liverpool fans does that mean we win? What if more Liverpool pray pre-match but we hold a tens of thousands strong vigil during the match - do we win in extra time?

I need more information on this shit
Mate I wouldn’t worry about that. We already know god’s a city fan, we’ve seen been told!
God trumps Jesus, no question.
I don't think Jesus is the actual god, son of god maybe. I might be wrong though.
No such thing as god! Jesus likely never existed neither, just another made up story in the long line of religious personifications of the Sun.

They still treat them both in the same way.

Sky were banging on a few years ago about “the biggest game in England - United v Liverpool at Old Trafford”… they were both 7th and 8th in the league!
Off all the wrongs Sky have done to traditional football, the overhyping of this particular fixture is the one I find most galling.
The build-up receives the sort of coverage that was once reserved for the FA Cup Fnal. Presumably, Sky's marketing people picked it out as the league game that (like the Cup Final, the Grand National or the 100mtrs Olympic Final) has the potential to transcend the sport itself and permeate the broader consciousness. Fair enough, we can all see why they'd do that. They want to maximise return on their investment, don't they?.
Trouble is, it hasn't permeated the brosder consciousness. Nobody bt a fan stops what they're doing for thos game like they do the great sporting institutions mentioned above). That's because tthat sort of public reaction cannot be manufactured - particularly not if the actual product is substandard (and the games themselves are invariably shite) or there is no glittering prize at stake (they've hardly ever gone head-to-head for any trophy).
So it comes down to selling the concept through the media of overexcited presenters, yet another montage of sepia-tinged photos interspersed with faux-sepia-tinged clips from the PremierLeague era followed by misty-eyed pundits gaslighting the viewer about 'respect' and 'history' and all done with an unwarranted headache-inducing overuse of the word 'rivalry' (in case the viewer might possibly forget).
It's such cringeworthy bollicks - and your right. It's never going to change. We're fucking stuck with it. They have created a monster of a myth that none of the interested parties (Sky and the two clubs) can afford to stop feeding now.

The whole article was written so angrily the keyboard had to be changed 4 times by the time of the press release.

He’s right though Rodri had a quality season last year. How come Allison got in when City conceded fewer goals and Ederson ended up with the golden glove?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.