Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you think of the great teams of the recent past you think of this Manchester City side who have won 4 carabao cups in a row, 1 fa cup (with another final to come), 5 Premier league titles in 6 years and reached 2 of the last 3 UCL finals and won an unprecedented domestic treble....but apparently you also have to think of a liverpool side that finished 8th, 6th, 4th twice, 3rd and 5th (this season) in the past 8 years.

Imagine a parallel universe where the good Sheikh bought the dippers rather than City. They would probably have won everything for a decade but would still be playing the victim. I'm glad I live in this reality :)

Imagine a parallel universe where the good Sheikh bought the dippers rather than City. They would probably have won everything for a decade but would still be playing the victim. I'm glad I live in this reality :)
Liverpool were one of the clubs ADUG originally looked at weren't they?

Well, Liverpool shouldn't be in the PL as they're 'not English'.

So they could have the Scouse Premier League with Everton, Tranmere, Marine, St Helen's Town, Prescot Cables, AFC Liverpool, Southport and maybe Chester. Imagine the massive TV rights! And they would win it every year, so they'd be happy.

(It's just a pity New Brighton Tower aren't around any more, as that would clinch it.)
Don't be dragging chester into that bollocks. They can have fucking Wrexham, they all think they're scouse anyway.

When Liverpool won it in the late 70's and 80s they played about 9 matches per tournament.

And while the gap in quality between Europe's top leagues wasn't as wide as it now is,Liverpool had to overcome Aberdeen,cska Sofia,Bruges and various others to win their European titles back then,as well as some of the big name sides.

It's much,much harder to win nowadays.
Did they fuck, about 5 or 6 matches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.