Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always one for trying to take a positive.
Nunez has learned early on that this league is abit different and harder than the Portuguese league. It also teaches him (hopefully) that he is going to have to take the stick from defenders, after all , "it's a man game".
Thought that Anderson did nothing wrong and everything right. Niggled and pushed and got in his ear, something that all other defenders will have taken note of now.
I actually thought the 2nd "headbut" was more of a walking forward with head down sort of thing and that if anything he should have been sent off for the one a few seconds earlier which looked like a clear backward movement of the head....but Andersons almost rigid fall was excellent. The split second realisation as to what Nunez had done whilst looking in direction of the ref. He owned Nunez last night
...And from that, the positive is, we didnt lose.

The Liar The Witch and The Draw Probe.
The only genuine witch in football was, of course, the one that put a curse on Maine Road. It was said that when the stadium was built it encroached on witches holy ground and so they put a curse on it. It’s the only explanation for some of the happenings there. We even held an exorcism at the ground. Typical City.

Its frightening over there...you cant tell me they're not deranged...from the Palace thread...

" Worrying that we’ve spent 4 points from our 20 point reserve, hopefully we can regain 6 points so we’re up to 22 points. Man City have a bank of minus 4 points though so if they lose more points, a negative plus a negative is a positive. So ideally we need them to keep winning, it’d be annoying to see them increase that bank by losing games. If we take their average points total of the last two seasons, add our 20 point bank, delete their bank, and then maybe see if Arsenal or Spurs have a bank that we can borrow, then we can drop 24 more points"
Clear as a bell. The principle is that the more points you drop the more points you put in your bank which you will spend later by winning week in week out. The rags have a squillion points in their bank, so watch out.

Last edited:
Thank you Dr. A few more points to add.

Before kickoff v Palace I heard YNWA broadcast live on the radio. WTF? This is the that club boos the National Anthem showing no respect, offending many yet demand special consideration and treatment.

Compare this with the negative feedback in the media for City fans booing the Champions League anthem. We had good cause unlike the scouse frippery and inconsistency that surrounds Liverpool FC. They really are shameless.

Pre-match Danny Murphy eulogised about the amazing extended Anfield. He suggested that this should be the model for other clubs to aspire to rather than go to the expense of a new ground like Tottenhams. (They did this many years ago at Old Trafford as a quick fix to add more seats on the cheap whilst retaining the "character")

With all these ground improvements, will Liverpool be extending the pitch size and installing tv screens as per Premier League guidelines? In spite of comparing themselves to City from every angle, it seems they are following in the footsteps of our rag neighbours at OT. We can only hope.
Can I add that by agreement, all P.L. ground must provide a certain percentage of disabled seats. The only 2 that don't are this shower of shite and the rags. The rags they are addressing that issue (slowly) the scousers had an ideal opportunity with the new stand.... but they didn't.
Also,I don't suppose Danny mentioned how they got the land to allow the extension ? Perhaps he wants every Premier League club to force people from their own homes.

Maybe, just maybe, the dippers wouldn't have so many injuries if the toothy one didn't run them into the ground year after year.

I've met George Martin. I had no idea who he was until I saw a gold disc in his downstairs loo and even then I had to c

Lovely man and very unassuming.

Somers Crescent in the Hyde Park Estate. Crikey, I just googled him and learn that he has died.
Irrespective of his personal qualities, I think Martin ruined the Beatles. He took what was basically a R&B group (old nomenclature) and turned their music into bubblegum. Lots of hits of course but a lot of dross. Jocking Harrison off the albums was a disgrace. When asked which of their tracks he would like to re-record, Lennon replied: “All of them.” Compare their version of Mr Postman with I Wanna Hold Your Hand. Chalk and cheese.

Turns out he's more like Suarez than I gave him credit for.

Annoying thing is that they actually looked better when he went off, probably because they went back to how they are used to playing. I bet if they start Jota or Firmino next week, they'll hammer the rags. They've gone from a system that gets the most out of a player they know can get 30 goals a season to one that tries to get the best out of a player that they hope will get 20.
Too early to tell, but a very interesting observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.