Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Dr. A few more points to add.

Before kickoff v Palace I heard YNWA broadcast live on the radio. WTF? This is the that club boos the National Anthem showing no respect, offending many yet demand special consideration and treatment.

Compare this with the negative feedback in the media for City fans booing the Champions League anthem. We had good cause unlike the scouse frippery and inconsistency that surrounds Liverpool FC. They really are shameless.

Pre-match Danny Murphy eulogised about the amazing extended Anfield. He suggested that this should be the model for other clubs to aspire to rather than go to the expense of a new ground like Tottenhams. (They did this many years ago at Old Trafford as a quick fix to add more seats on the cheap whilst retaining the "character")

With all these ground improvements, will Liverpool be extending the pitch size and installing tv screens as per Premier League guidelines? In spite of comparing themselves to City from every angle, it seems they are following in the footsteps of our rag neighbours at OT. We can only hope.

I look forward to BT sport pleasuring themselves over the scouse hordes booing the champions league anthem from September onwards. Celebrating them as some type of social justice crusaders sticking it to the corrupt footballing establishment. On the other hand is blues have been booing it since 2014 with little coverage and reason from the media as to why.

Last edited:
Early days and only a fool would write off any Klopp team but their midfield is horrible, very, very poor, it could well cost them any chance of the title, I could see Klopp asking for some action in the transfer market before next week.

Well according to the pissed up gambling addict that is did hamman, he just turned and accidentally walked into him. Even the talksport pundits were taking the piss out of him.
Hamman, says it all.

Even Klopp was furious with him, he will be lucky to get away with just a 3 game ban.

Listen, I expect them to have a good season. I really do, however, as pointed in the season they went to complete shit without their CB's, this Pool team hasn't got the versatility in players to slot in second squaders, and for them to play the same.

I was thinking just this last night. Without their stable defence - midfield - attack transition, they will struggle. They've played teams that are uncomfortable, but still poor and it shows, that they are wide open, sluggish, poor in transition when they have to defend, and wasteful.

Their midfield options are thin, and again, they have showed they can only play one-dimensional, if it wasn't for Zaha's shite second half, they should have lost the game. Same for Fulham.

In fact, what separates them from United, are a lucky bounce, and a very good "moment" from a very good player. They could have easily been 19th, with 0 points.
I don't think Liverpool played bad yesterday, they dominated the game but I just think without Thiago they don't have the same creativity in the middle and rely on Trent or individual brilliance. They are nowhere near United, though. Let's not kid ourselves. They will hammer them at Old Trafford next Monday.

Early days and only a fool would write off any Klopp team but their midfield is horrible, very, very poor, it could well cost them any chance of the title, I could see Klopp asking for some action in the transfer market before next week.
Really surprised they didn't go for Nunes in the end.

Well according to the pissed up gambling addict that is did hamman, he just turned and accidentally walked into him. Even the talksport pundits were taking the piss out of him.

Mike Tyson enjoyed similar good luck - he just held his arm out and an unbelievable number of boxers walked into it and knocked themselves out

I don't think Liverpool played bad yesterday, they dominated the game but I just think without Thiago they don't have the same creativity in the middle and rely on Trent or individual brilliance. They are nowhere near United, though. Let's not kid ourselves. They will hammer them at Old Trafford next Monday.
They did not play poor at all, but start of the season, at Anfield, you'd expect a 3,4-0 pummelling to establish the rhythm and intent to challenge.

The real problems would start if they lose any of the following: Fabinho, Salah, Diaz.

They'll be top 3, but i honestly don't see them above Chelsea this season.

They looked really one dimensional with 11 men. Just long balls into the box hoping to hit the big man. Most worrying for them was that Salah seemed to be playing like an out and out winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.