Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 48130

So, the truth is out. Tut Tut City!

I mean, how can it be untrue when Aman's mate is a great hacker.

Enjoy league 2 and watching LFC win the league every season after never any money

Some of their fans are true cranks Ha Ha
I stopped reading at “I’ve actually got a mate”, lost credibility straight away

Anyone who goes above and beyond to those levels deserves credit.. well done hope it continues,

I have found that when you make it big in another sport or industry it’s always better to leave your footie alligencies out of it... that way you unite the town and city you come from or represent.. always thought it was stupid for boxers like David Price to do his ring walk to “ You’ll Never Walk Alone “ or Tony Bellew coming out to “ Z Cars “ as straight away you have split your fanbase in half.. the amount of reds fans who used to love seeing Bellew lose was amazing.. you get away with being vocal with your football team coming from Leeds or Newcastle as that Josh Warrington from Leeds proves.. he even gets players from Leeds to carry his belt into the ring and the whole City is behind him.. point I am making is John.. Paul.. George and Ringo probably were clever enough to not publicaly show who they supported
Plenty of utd fans supported Ricky, loads went out Vegas. They were also into Oasis and follow the Gallagher Brothers now. Lots of City fans like the Stone Roses. The Beatles have never shown any interest in football or Liverpool. I've never seen Ringo and clever in the same sentence before

City stockpile players according to these daft cunts, and they think we never recoup money from player sales. 5bn net spend obviously

Plenty of utd fans supported Ricky, loads went out Vegas. They were also into Oasis and follow the Gallagher Brothers now. Lots of City fans like the Stone Roses. The Beatles have never shown any interest in football or Liverpool. I've never seen Ringo and clever in the same sentence before
yeah went to Vegas to watch Hatton myself always came across as a down to earth type of feller.. Bellew on the other hand is a bitter Blue and doesn’t need much of an opportunity to nail his colours and what he thinks of Liverppol FC... believe it or not there are plenty of us here in Liverpool who are not overly fussed about the Beatles... talking about Oasis and the Gallaghers they both like and have a lot of respect for the City of Liverpool, think Liams kid is named Lennon and There big friend Digsy drinks in my local... despite the harsh words and venom directed by some on the forum you will find both Cities are entwined with the same everyday problems and hardships and are quite similar..

Last edited by a moderator:
According to Wikipedia, they were promoted in 1962.
Yes, but paid for with Littlewoods money which started to arrive when Shankley took over in 1959. Promoted at end of 61-62 after buying St.John and Yeats. St John tfr fee second largest in England that year.
I think City considered Shankley to replace McDowell but decided against. Typical!

To be honest I have never quite grasped the idea of living in somewhere like Brighton or Bristol and deciding to go and support a club 200 miles up the motorway when you have no family ties.. links with the people or the town or City that Club plays in and no matter how much you claim to love it will never be yours... having said that each to there own I suppose.

I think it comes down to motives. I migrated to the South and there are a handful of blues, I know, who are as loyal as any Manchester based blues I have met. Based on our history many started supported City during our lean years and attended as many matches then as they do now.

I do understand your wider point though. Not a dig at Liverpool here but a large fraction of the country support Liverpool or United and its not coincidental that they have been the most successful clubs between the 70s to 2010. It might well be us in the future - I suppose time will tell.

Hence they f++k+d off from there as soon as they had a few quid and never came back. Happy no doubt to pop back for a concert but never keep any other contact with the place at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.