Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Losing two trophies, the main ones, in the last week of the season, must have had a significant effect on them. In addition, they lose arguably their best player and one synonymous with their recent successes. The danger is that this will impact more on their confidence as they are an 'emotional' team and push that side of the game: it means more; they did it in their own way; the 'mythical' Kop and Klopp's wild gesticulations and hugs are all very well when it is going positively, but if it turns, it will be very difficult for them to navigate.

You can tell when things are bad because they fall back into their "but we are poor little Liverpool, the pluckiest little underdogs the world has ever seen, poor little paupers with not a penny to our name, how are we meant to compete" when it's very clear to everyone that they should have cleared some players on and spent a bit of money on an actual midfield.

Yep.
Pretty much all their key players from the last few seasons are now 30 and over, and it’s starting to show.

I know it's early days but this could be the worst title defence ever.
According to RAWK we’re looking at it the wrong way.

They’ve only drawn down 7 points from their 20 point bank, so in point of fact they are plus 13 compared to us. If you then divide that figure by the number of trophies they have won in the last decade, and multiply by the number of false teeth possessed by Herr Klopp, they in fact are runaway leaders.

We just need to do the maths in the correct way!

I’m beginning to think that our astonishing comeback against Villa completely knocked the stuffing out of Loserpool. It wrecked their heads for the UCL final, and now they can’t get their heads in gear for another title challenge. They simply haven’t got the stomach to go head-to-head with City again.

Ilkay indeed made them cry!
When Matip asked the crowd the City score and he obviously fed it back to his teammates while the camera goes all out of shot, you see the body language of them all as they walk back to kick off.

Matip clearly excited thinks we were losing only to find out we’d make a come back! Henderson locks eyes with some fans as they’re telling him City are winning, his face is that of resignation. Firmino does the same and walks back with his head down, as do two others.

There are actually idiots out there on social media giving it FSG out. Are they Everton fans on the windup or proper Liverpool supporters? They’ve been saying their owners do things for the right reasons and they are such a well run club, they get beat by the rags and then all of a sudden they want a spending spree.
Chelsea fans

Absolutely love this stuff on Rawk:

"....I also feel completely indifferent to the league as it stands at the moment, I don’t know what it is, whether it’s the fact that no matter what we do those fucking sport washers will just still finish top it just feels insurmountable and I’m sure this is just a hangover (for me) of last season still but I feel completely broken by last season."

"I'm not sure how many people will agree but personally I'm a bit relieved. I don't think I could face another long slog of a title race this year, only to miss out by one point (or one dodgy refereeing decision)."

It's been 3 games and they've thrown in the towel.

Clearly doesn't mean much anymore

Absolutely love this stuff on Rawk:

"....I also feel completely indifferent to the league as it stands at the moment, I don’t know what it is, whether it’s the fact that no matter what we do those fucking sport washers will just still finish top it just feels insurmountable and I’m sure this is just a hangover (for me) of last season still but I feel completely broken by last season."

"I'm not sure how many people will agree but personally I'm a bit relieved. I don't think I could face another long slog of a title race this year, only to miss out by one point (or one dodgy refereeing decision)."

It's been 3 games and they've thrown in the towel.

Clearly doesn't mean much anymore
Imagine being them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.