Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pope wwas down less than 90 seconds from the challenge to kicking the ball after treatment, I've just watched it again and timed it. Nothing else happened in that final 5 minutes to add extra time.
Unfortunately I am too busy to forensically examine goal keepers theatrics. Can you enlighten me why he needed treatment in the first place, I saw nothing to cause him to lie prostrate in the manner he did. Perhaps whatever Joelinton was suffering from was contagious because Lascelles went down at the same time in the penalty area. My theory is most teams after they have played us are out on their feet and need at least two weeks rest. :-)

He was literally on the ground for 2 and a half minutes.
Rubbish, the time between the challenge and Pope kicking the ball back in to play was 94 seconds, not 2 1/2 minutes.

Attachments

• pope down.jpg
    pope down.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 67
  • pope up.jpg
    pope up.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 67
I like to think he's already getting his commupance in a way that will be far more upsetting to him than getting decked.

Think about it, At Liverpool whilst he's been there he had the players, the money(!!) the wimbledon game plan and the backing of the entire UK media to be winning more titles and cups, getting point hauls that could have gone down in history with his big toothy **** face the face of the premier league as the best manager to ever grace the isles. There's one problem with that, and it's pep.

Pep is effortlessly cooler, smarter and just generally a better manager. His football is better, he gets more out of his players, he revolutionises football wherever he goes and forces the sport to evolve. That is special. And it's completely stopped Klopp having a legacy now that he's at city because he has single handedly stopped above from happening.

People always talk about city and liverpool's dominance and although it's to our detriment, it's also to klopp's because he'll always be remembered as the other good manager and he knows it, I'm sure he feels that he has been denied his plaudits by god himself and you can see it the second anything goes wrong and his "god's a city fan" comment was probably not as tongue in cheek as people thought and I consider it a just reward for the way he acts, in a few decades (max) no-one outside of scouseland will give a shit who klopp is.

But, fuck him. I hate him and his gimpish "mind-games" that make him look like a coked up muppet and the constant excuses!

It's going to be really interesting to see what reception they receive in February when they come to our place. I think the atmosphere is going to be a bit tasty.

Unfortunately I am too busy to forensically examine goal keepers theatrics. Can you enlighten me why he needed treatment in the first place, I saw nothing to cause him to lie prostrate in the manner he did. Perhaps whatever Joelinton was suffering from was contagious because Lascelles went down at the same time in the penalty area. My theory is most teams after they have played us are out on their feet and need at least two weeks rest. :-)

Pope had a shoulder injury against Wolves on Sunday and almost had to come off, we had Darlow ready to replace him but he must have felt better after treatment. I can only guess that he aggravated it again last night, he was given medication earlier in the match.

Joelinton played last Wednesday in the cup and on Sunday against Wolves and again last night, 3 times inside a week and it’s still early in the season when players are getting match fit.

Why would two players go down at the same time if they were playing for time? Wouldn’t they have done it on separate occasions.

Pope had a shoulder injury against Wolves on Sunday and almost had to come off, we had Darlow ready to replace him but he must have felt better after treatment. I can only guess that he aggravated it again last night, he was given medication earlier in the match.

Joelinton played last Wednesday in the cup and on Sunday against Wolves and again last night, 3 times inside a week and it’s still early in the season when players are getting match fit.

Why would two players go down at the same time if they were playing for time? Wouldn’t they have done it on separate occasions.
It is not just about time it also causes disruption to patterns of play. I feel that I am intruding on your after match melancholy so I will keep quiet out of respect. Good luck for the rest of the season and bear in mind you will not be playing PIGMOL's chosen two very often.

Looked to be like Pope may have banged his head when he went down. Was probably a genuine stoppage. Same for the cramping although I’m sure I wouldn’t have been saying that if it was against us. You put up a good fight. Any enemy of the dippers…

I shouldnt be surprised...but I am mildly.
You lot are 5 points ahead already a better goal diff and in Haaland have a striker who I reckon this season will easily hit 30+ goals in the league. I wouldnt be surprised if he makes 40.
So to be getting so vexed about the time issues is, as I say, mildly surprising.
I think it is clear already that Liverpool this year are simply average and that Salah isnt really on form and we have no mane to help us out through his industry. The Bournemouth game showed nothing really and hid the fact that we have been poor so far this season.
Its going to take everyone back from injury and Nunez being close to the standards Haaland is playing at for the gap to close.
I am fairly confident that Arsenal will fade and then it will be everyone playing catch up
think arsenal under Arteta will be a threat....they have both Jesus and zinchenko who have done it before and their leadership and drive shouldnt be underestimated.
They have a young driven team and Arteta is a very good manager.....
Big game for them coming up against utd....they have a reputation for wilting against very average utd sides at that dump so lets see.

as for your team....the loss of mane is huge...i always said out of him and salah it was mane id have
your ageing midfield your biggest issue however

long season ahead however...way too early to start making predictions.....

Don't know much about this Melo they are signing but the Juve fans on Reddit are delighted and pissing themselves that he's off to the bin dippers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.