Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
CFG got a deal worth £650 million off Puma so not exactly chicken feed, then assume they receive portion of actual shirt sales on top.
That’s exactly why the big sports brand pay so much money in sponsorship. They sell shirts. I’m sure City do get something but the vast bulk of your 70 quid when you buy a shirt goes to Puma, not City.

I'm guessing they must get a percentage. It would be interesting to know what percentage clubs get on average.
The most common deal is:
Club gets annual fee from kit supplier.
Club get zero on shirt sales until supplier has sold enough shirts to make their fee back in profits (not cash flow).
Then an agreed commission per shirt. This is usually quite small but varies from club to club.
Rinse and repeat each year.

It's baffling to me how we're in 2022 and the majority of fans can't wrap it round their brains that clubs don't really make much money from selling shirts, the kit brands do.
Id love to know what the breakdown is for selling shirts. I myself was lead to believe that if you buy a shirt from the official club shop the club gets money. If you buy it from JD sports then they don't. But if anyone has a breakdown on how shirt sales work, id be interested to see that.

The most common deal is:
Club gets annual fee from kit supplier.
Club get zero on shirt sales until supplier has sold enough shirts to make their fee back in profits (not cash flow).
Then an agreed commission per shirt. This is usually quite small but varies from club to club.
Rinse and repeat each year.
Thanks for the explanation.

It's baffling to me how we're in 2022 and the majority of fans can't wrap it round their brains that clubs don't really make much money from selling shirts, the kit brands do.
True normally but LFC took a small up front and larger percentage reported to be £30M / year with 20% of sales of all Nike / LFC branded gear
"Nike Liverpool kit deal is said to be worth around a base fee of £30m-a-year, £15m less than with New Balance. However, Nike are believed to be offering 20 per cent royalties on sales of merchandise, so it is assumed that Liverpool could actually make upwards of £80m a year"

True normally but LFC took a small up front and larger percentage reported to be £30M / year with 20% of sales of all Nike / LFC branded gear
"Nike Liverpool kit deal is said to be worth around a base fee of £30m-a-year, £15m less than with New Balance. However, Nike are believed to be offering 20 per cent royalties on sales of merchandise, so it is assumed that Liverpool could actually make upwards of £80m a year"

Hang on ..... their revenue went up from 45 to over 80 million? Very suspicious. I wonder what the losing bid was?

Mohamed Salah has signed a new three-year contract with Liverpool.

The 30-year-old Egypt forward only had a year left on his previous deal and there had been doubts about whether he would stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.