Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
"If you had just listed the deaths than fine"

Fucking hell, read that first sentence again. You’re actually upset that I’ve listed some of the dozens of stabbings Napoli fans have committed in the last 10 years because they weren’t deaths.

Jesus Christ if you actually think a football club is out of line for warning fans that they’re going to a City where opposition fans are regularly stabbed you are beyond help. Take a break. It’s not normal to think this way.

This obviously won’t matter to you and the half dozen morons who liked your post claiming Liverpool were just setting themselves up to be victims, but you might remember that City actually wrote personally to all fans going to Napoli to give them the same warnings, because opposition fans get stabbed in Naples every single year.

Are you going to claim that was getting an excuse in? City providing a smokescreen for robberies and violent attacks? Or can you see how fucking pathetic that is when it’s City fans you’re talking about.
'Half a dozen morons'
That says everything about you and the way you post.

In my years going to the Etihad, the only real problem I’ve seen was against Napoli. Their fans running down Grey Mare Lane swinging belts at fans in the chippy queue.
@Alan Harper's Tash I wasn't commenting on the Napoli fans, I said I know they are not angels.
My point is how the media and then Domalino were making it out that a private school were taking some boys to a football match and they should be jolly careful.
Liverpool fans have caused problems for 30 years in Europe, rampaging mobs clearing out jewellers, smashing concrete slabs on waiters heads, robbing their own fans of tickets for the final, fighting their way through Europe like it was 1945 but perhaps its best if you stay in your hotel.
Oh and as a final note, I was there last time we played, without a hint of trouble.

Bit of a clash between Jurgen’s ‘we need to re-invent ourselves’ and the sound bites thrown out and repeated Ad nauseam by their fans.
‘This means more’
‘Mentality monsters’
‘Gegenpress’
‘Imagine being us’

I can only think of City’s ‘together’ campaign as a sound bite. And that has been constantly echoed by Pep - ‘if a player wants to leave…’

Perhaps Liverpool’s PR dept should come up with some sound bites that reflect reality:
‘Hoofball - taking back the Liverpool way’
‘Humility (finally) begins’
‘Aspiring to be City’ - (c) moyes
‘Anfield, liverpools 15th man on the pitch’

I think the penny has dropped. They should have refreshed the squad two years ago. Teams know that if they really press Trent and Robertson everything falls apart at the back. It is made worse by the fact that Van Dijk has lost a yard's pace since his injury. Klopp has a big problem because they don't have the players in the squad to change their system. This is a stark contrast to City where Pep is always evolving the squad and nearly all our players can play in multiple positions and systems. I think this season is a write-off for them.
It would be great if they were to drop out of the top 4 but we cannot write their obituary yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.