Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
One swallow doesn't make a summer, not even in dipper land

They won their first title in 30 years and got very giddy, still living on 'istory, still living in the past.

They've come 2nd to us for a long time, and last season was another massive blow.

We've psychologically battered them. No one will say it but it's true.

In reality they probably should have come a quite distant second to us last season. We had a significant gap at one stage. Not to discredit them from keeping getting results but we dropped a lot of points in a short space of time which generally doesn’t happen and I think in most of the seasons it wouldn’t happen like that, and we would’ve won by more than one point.

Last season flattered liverpool in my opinion. Losing by a point as stated above. 2 domestic final wins without scoring in open play in the final. Champions league final loss with a far far easier route than the side of the draw that we and Real Madrid were on. We would’ve sailed through to the CL final if we had their route.

Not saying they did badly, far from it but when look at it in depth and not just on the surface, I think it flattered them somewhat too.

I think it’ll show this season.

So could this happen soon:

Chelsea new Manager: Potter
Liverpool new Manager: Tuchel
United new Manager: Klopp

The second 2 have 0% chance of happening.

Funnily enough I think Potter would have been Liverpool's choice to replace Klopp if he did quite this year, he's cheap, they could disguise cost cutting as a rebuild and market the British manager being given a chance to build angle.

Gerrard would have been up there if he'd done well but they won't be able to hire him off the back of getting sacked at Villa.

Now if this does turn out to be Klopp's last year, I suppose they will go for Pep Lijnders, Klopp's assistant, or someone doing well in Germany like Urs Fischer who has done really well with Union Berlin playing a very direct counterattacking style that would suit Liverpool.

United will give ten Hag at least 2 seasons IMO.

Murphy said we're not a Man City, we can't just spend what we want. Funny as fuck, they actually believe their own fuckin deluded bile

Last edited:
Klopp would have a bigger audience at the swamp which is quite disturbing

He turned them down when he was unemployed, there's zero chance he goes to United after 7 years making himself a hero in Liverpool.

Kenny Dalgliesh is more likely to manage United than Klopp.

He turned them down when he was unemployed, there's zero chance he goes to United after 7 years making himself a hero in Liverpool.

Kenny Dalgliesh is more likely to manage United than Klopp.
Thanks I will sleep better for this

Nice to see them struggling. Not sure they're as finished as some on here think, but it would be nice to see those fans turn against Bingo/the owners.

Klopp said as much at the end of the game that they need to reinvent themselves, which is a pretty daming thing to say about your team especially when you have already started the season. Klopp has also ran them into the ground over his tenure as manager, they looked slow and old to me. Another match when they were out ran by the opposition, that never used to happen. I suppose there is only so many times you can go to the well.

Ur Fred Dinenage and I claim my Wagon Wheel.
Jack Hargreaves likes this post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.