Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful wasn’t it?
You can just imagine them at five thirty, Villa 0-2 up and they ‘just need a goal‘. Come five thirty six and it’s all gone to shit.……..Marvellous.
It was a mate of mines birthday, a dipper and I'd promised to meet him for a pint or two in town. Left the house it was 0-2 was fucking dreading seeing him. 3-2 by the time I got to the pub :)

Did a quick check of the scorers on my phone and my first words to him were "Silky Gundogan says happy birthday you ****" :)

Interesting take..... I'd say only Monaco truly knocked us out.
Liverpool - (ignoring the fact City should have refused to play after the bus was trashed) lost 3-0 in a pre VAR game that would have had at least one goal chalked off for offside and a penalty awared to City had there been VAR. The 2nd leg again with VAR would have had City going in at half time 2-0 up and the place rocking and Pep not sent to the stands.
Spurs - with VAR - we fell the victim of 2 well dodgy decisions in the Spurs "handball goal" and the late late goal adjudged to be offside long before the ball was in the back of the net.
Lyon was a one off game in a neutral venue with no fans. Could have gone either way.

Not taking anything away from Paisley's achievements but back then it was unseeded and it was 4 rounds to the final.
One year they lost to Nottingham Forest in the 1st round!

Luckily for City Haaland won't have World Cup fatigue and neither will Walker by the looks of it.
And if City players will have World Cup fatigue.... does he think Liverpool players won't? (Apart from Terance Trent D' Arby who won't be playing)
Also a good goal wrongly disallowed in both legs… with var we would have been 4-2 up on aggregate at HT in the second leg, with 2 away goals to 0.

That's incredible. Mentality midgets. Wonderful stuff. The same midgets that have won the league 4 times in the last 5 seasons whilst their team of monsters has done what exactly? How did Klopp's mentality monsters get on in their CL finals against Real? Or in the Europa League final? Or when they played in the league cup final against us? Old Norbert Klopp has as many runner up medals as winners medals from his time with Liverpool.

I can't wait to see what happens if we do win the CL. I'm sure they'll mention our money at some stage though! The fact that post has to refer to Paisley rather than their hero Jurgen tells you all you need to know about what team has the better manager and most success now! They know it and they're rattled.
Ken Dodd's diddy men. Gizza jam butty.

this is a good one........

If that clause is true (even if its not club-specific), then it shows Halaand was already thinking of life beyond City. Lets face it - City are hardly a destination club, and one of the European giants will always be more tempting for players who can pretty much choose where they want to go next.

Hopefully the freak Viking man-baby leaves in 2024, as I'm sick of hearing about him already (although I'm sure people said the same about Torres, Suarez and Mo in their first season with us). Despite Halaand's clear talent, I don't think he'll be the difference maker for them in Europe (as they hope he'll be), as it's a completely different competition to the league. They don't have a problem scoring goals in Europe - they have a problem with tactics and mentality under pressure, and Pep has already shown he doesn't yet know how to navigate the competition properly with City (or set his teams up). The only time they've reached the final is when they had an easy route - a group containing Marseille, Olympiakos and Porto, and then Borussia Monchengladbach, Dortmund, and PSG (also serial bottlers) in the knockout stages. Then they bottled the final against Chelsea.

In the other years under Guardiola they've been comprehensively outplayed and knocked out by us 5-1 on aggregate, and knocked out by teams like Lyon, Spurs and Monaco (who you possibly wouldn't expect to even get past the group stages). They might well be flat track bullies in the premier league (against anyone but us), and regularly do well in domestic cups against piss easy opposition (except for last year...), but Europe is totally different (and they only beat us in the league cup final in 2016 because Jurgen hadn't yet built his team). They are serial bottlers and mentality midgets in the CL and I don't see that changing - even with Haaland.

Next summer will be 15 years since Guardiola took over at Barcelona, and he's won only 2 CL trophies in that time - the last one as far back as 2011. It took Bob Paisley 4 seasons to match that achievement (and only another 3 seasons to better it).

They've collectively shit themselves in Europe on so many occasions, and when up against any opposition that are better than the teams they play every week, they suddenly don't look as good. Even average European teams from the top 5 leagues have shown up City's vulnerabilities, by simply being far more brave over a two leg knockout tie than the majority of PL teams (that usually roll over for them). They'll still get 5-0's against the FC Copenhagens of this world, but then so can all the other top clubs. Let's see how Halaand does in Europe against a Bayern, Real Madrid, or Milan defence (or against us) before worrying about them finally winning a European trophy. The WC fatigue factor will also play a big part on City once the business end of the CL arrives, and hopefully we've turned our form around by then and are also breathing down their necks in the league.
You can feel the bitterness as you read that. Oh those tears of a green eyed kopite.

Great job City, keep it up.

You can feel the bitterness as you read that. Oh those tears of a green eyed kopite.

Great job City, keep it up.
I love this part the best…

In the other years under Guardiola they've been comprehensively outplayed and knocked out by us 5-1 on aggregate, and knocked out by teams like Lyon, Spurs and Monaco (who you possibly wouldn't expect to even get past the group stages). They might well be flat track bullies in the premier league (against anyone but us), and regularly do well in domestic cups against piss easy opposition (except for last year...), but Europe is totally different (and they only beat us in the league cup final in 2016 because Jurgen hadn't yet built his team). They are serial bottlers and mentality midgets in the CL and I don't see that changing - even with Haaland.

They act like THEY don’t play in those exact same competitions, yet DO NOT WIN THEM!!

Laughable.

They've just won the right to host the Eurovision song contest, presumably because they are 'european royalty' - does this count as a trophy? If so then added to the charity shield they are halfway to the quadruple and it's not even Xmas.
See the off topic thread Mazz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.