Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a maximum of 9 points less (apart from your unsubstantiated “numerous” accidental handballs).

We need to double the amount of points lost before you could argue that VAR won them the league that year.

It’s beautiful that they couldn’t be there to celebrate it.
Fact is that while I think they got some favourable decisions that season, we fell behind Liverpool very quickly in the title race and were never catching them up. There was the 2-2 draw at home to Spurs in August, and while that was a game we should've won given the amount of chances we had and the injury time winner that was disallowed sticks in the craw, there was no excuse for the defeats at Norwich in September and at home to Wolves in early October. We deserved to lose both those games and there wasn't a hint of controversy in either of them. That's 8 points dropped even before we get to the defeats against Liverpool and United, and the draw at Newcastle. All of which happened before Christmas and if I'm not mistaken Liverpool only dropped 2 points before that defeat at Watford in late February.

Fact is that while I think they got some favourable decisions that season, we fell behind Liverpool very quickly in the title race and were never catching them up. There was the 2-2 draw at home to Spurs in August, and while that was a game we should've won given the amount of chances we had and the injury time winner that was disallowed sticks in the craw, there was no excuse for the defeats at Norwich in September and at home to Wolves in early October. We deserved to lose both those games and there wasn't a hint of controversy in either of them. That's 8 points dropped even before we get to the defeats against Liverpool and United, and the draw at Newcastle. All of which happened before Christmas and if I'm not mistaken Liverpool only dropped 2 points before that defeat at Watford in late February.

ํYes, that's right. I remember all the articles about how bad it was for football that Liverpool were so far ahead and ...... wait a minute ..... no I don't.

VAR didn't win them the league, but it and favorable refereeing most definitely aided them in their quest IMO.

My list was from my memories (without doing any extra research) of another team's matches in which dubious decisions went in their favour from almost 3 years ago!! Do you expect me to reel off every incident? Would you like the minutes they happened in and who was the ref as well?

The fact that I can, off the top of my head, remember 5 or 6 incidents that caused me to question the even-handedness of the officiating (can't remember which games but I also remember a VVD handball and a Henderson handball in the buildup to goals) speaks volumes, to me at least.

I suppose Pep's first year in charge didn't cause you to raise an enquiring eyebrow with regards to refereeing double standards either?
Good post. I also remember a number of more then questionable VAR decisions went against us early in that season also. Conspiracy theories aside. It certainly looked like Liverpool were going to win that title whatever happened.

VAR didn't win them the league, but it and favorable refereeing most definitely aided them in their quest IMO.

My list was from my memories (without doing any extra research) of another team's matches in which dubious decisions went in their favour from almost 3 years ago!! Do you expect me to reel off every incident? Would you like the minutes they happened in and who was the ref as well?

The fact that I can, off the top of my head, remember 5 or 6 incidents that caused me to question the even-handedness of the officiating (can't remember which games but I also remember a VVD handball and a Henderson handball in the buildup to goals) speaks volumes, to me at least.

I suppose Pep's first year in charge didn't cause you to raise an enquiring eyebrow with regards to refereeing double standards either?

VAR gave them momentum & stopped us building momentum. After that they were on their own but the first 6 weeks were crucial.

Beautiful wasn’t it?
You can just imagine them at five thirty, Villa 0-2 up and they ‘just need a goal‘. Come five thirty six and it’s all gone to shit.……..Marvellous.

The QPR game was something else, BUT the Villa game was all set up for Manchester city to lose and Liverpool to score the late winner in a twist of fate 10 years after the AGUEROOO goal

but it's only Manchester city that can do fairytales endings over the Evil clubs

The paper talk about Haaland's wages has finished them off.
A) its paper talk, could be bullshit
B) they smashed their wage structure to make Salah their highest paid player ever and among the highest paid in the league a few months ago and he's been unable to hit a barn door since

You’re free to think what you like. It doesn’t make it correct.

Your list of memories is long because people tend to focus on decisions that go against them rather than the ones that go for their team.

Just because a ball hits an arm doesn’t necessarily make it a penalty. Remember Rodri? ;-)

Pep’s first year in charge didn’t cause me to raise an enquiring eyebrow with regards to refereeing double standards, you are correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.