Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
has anyone, at anytime, ever read such a pile of shit as this !!???

I think the difference going back to the 60s then coming forwards is that we organically and spontaneously invented that culture and made it our own. It was real, and born out of something real. We don't really need anyone to show us the way. The pyro has added a modern, colourful twist to it. One I really enjoy too. If George plays Dua Lipa it's because her song was adopted into LFC fan culture after a European cup Final we played in. Again, a natural absorption of something new into our cultural heritage and not something forced and contrived.

I understand it with Abu Dhabi. They are an artificial entity without identity. They have to contrive something because, if they don't, they have nothing. There is no sense of occasion in anything they do, so they have to force it. It's all a bit sad and contrived, like WWE. A horrible, contrived, choreographed charade.

We set the pace all those decades ago, and others are still trying to copy. The whole 'Ultra' thing is just trying to recreate the Spion Kop of the 60s, 70s and possibly 80s with a modern twist, yet all of it is contrived and overthought, unlike the Spion Kop, which was in-the-moment, of its time, unique and absolutely authentic. I feel utterly privileged to have been a young lad on the Spion Kop from the early 70s onwards.

Lights and pre-game songs over the tannoy don't put the shits up the opposition, yet even the current Kop can do, despite being a castrated and sanitised version of its former self. We still have something real, in a world full of plastic. I think we should cherish it and not go down the route of the likes of Abu Dhabi. They are trying to create a sense of occasion that we do without even trying. Of course, we'll continue to evolve our cult
I've had to read that a couple of times just to ensure I'm not dreaming.

Absolutely fucking deluded.

I think the difference going back to the 60s then coming forwards is that we organically and spontaneously invented that culture and made it our own. It was real, and born out of something real. We don't really need anyone to show us the way. The pyro has added a modern, colourful twist to it. One I really enjoy too. If George plays Dua Lipa it's because her song was adopted into LFC fan culture after a European cup Final we played in. Again, a natural absorption of something new into our cultural heritage and not something forced and contrived.

I understand it with Abu Dhabi. They are an artificial entity without identity. They have to contrive something because, if they don't, they have nothing. There is no sense of occasion in anything they do, so they have to force it. It's all a bit sad and contrived, like WWE. A horrible, contrived, choreographed charade.

We set the pace all those decades ago, and others are still trying to copy. The whole 'Ultra' thing is just trying to recreate the Spion Kop of the 60s, 70s and possibly 80s with a modern twist, yet all of it is contrived and overthought, unlike the Spion Kop, which was in-the-moment, of its time, unique and absolutely authentic. I feel utterly privileged to have been a young lad on the Spion Kop from the early 70s onwards.

Lights and pre-game songs over the tannoy don't put the shits up the opposition, yet even the current Kop can do, despite being a castrated and sanitised version of its former self. We still have something real, in a world full of plastic. I think we should cherish it and not go down the route of the likes of Abu Dhabi. They are trying to create a sense of occasion that we do without even trying. Of course, we'll continue to evolve our cult
A poor attempt at contriving a load of contrived bollocks. It all sounds rather contrived to me.

They’ve invented ultras now. Dearie fucking me

They’ve invented ultras now. Dearie fucking me
indeed.

The irony of ' a contrived atmosphere' as the Carousel musical is given an airing before kickoff, then silence till they possibly score.

'We set the pace all those decades ago' - err.. you mean the only thing setting the pace is that you copied other teams and sang the Carousel song, and decided to keep it after nicking it. What else? Formation brick throwing at coaches?

'Spion Kop, which was in-the-moment, of its time, unique and absolutely authentic' - ah the old "unique and authentic", as per every other ground in the top few divisions at that time.

'We still have something real, in a world full of plastic' - Ireland flights and Norway flights since the early 90's are not 'real', they are the epitome and genesis of the word 'plastic'.

That is truly mindblowing in its total delusion

What a load of self-righteous shite. “Lights and pre-game songs over the tannoy don't put the shits up the opposition”, no but indiscriminately throwing cans and bottles might help.

unlike the Spion Kop, which was in-the-moment, of its time, unique and absolutely authentic.
There was absolutely nothing unique about the Kop. The Kippax, because of where it was situated, amongst the big city clubs, has a far better claim to that title, at least from the late 60s up to the implementation of the Taylor Report.

What is it about these pitifully insecure cunts that they feel this overwhelming need to proclaim their club is so special. It’s an acute form of mental weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.