Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the fool actually suing for? Reporting a rumoured opinion? Does he honestly believe his comments a) can't be regarded as potentially xenophobic in any context and b) His reputation is tarnished because of the reporting?

He does a fine job of portraying himself as an angry man and has singled out specific clubs for his derisory comments, suggesting favourable treatment or even cheating at those clubs, which are all owned by middle eastern individuals. He's shouted down officials, ballboys and opposition coaches, he blames everyone else when things go wrong and he's personally supported the gathering of fans without tickets in Paris and coach welcomes that are known to cause criminal damage.

I suspect he's also a cannibal serial killer, but I can't prove that just yet, but he's clearly in need of anger management support, shame on Liverpool FC for not supporting him with such a course.

I hope this is the one time too many that lot play the victim card. His comments undoubtedly inflamed the situation and whilst I don't ever applaud anyone singing about deaths in football, Liverpool as a club are culpable of a selective memory that irks other fans, and cannot claim any kind of morale ground when City fans sign about heysel whilst they themselves were chanting about the bombings in Manchester. It's a vile part of football but it happens everywhere.

It's all got out of hand now but I am glad to see city not backing down to those pity wallowing victims who think the can throw stones from safety behind their history, close collaborators and fear of change. If they want to use this as the catalyst to change attitudes then great, but Liverpool can't hold themselves apart as exempt from scrutiny, they're the knock a door runners of fan hostilities, sling an insult then call foul when one comes back.

Last edited:
How can they not compete with us? They just beat us...and according to them we were demolished...so why arent they top, why have they only one league in 30 odd years.

The best thing to happen is for them to beat us twice each season, and we still win the league :-)

Liverpool finished ONE POINT behind City last season. And very nearly won the league.

I'm very sceptical as to how many Liverpool fans claim they're angry about City on ethical grounds, because of the involvement of the Saudis, and not because City are the only thing stopping them from cleaning up every year. The article about Liverpool and City's bitter rivalry on the Athletic is full of angry Liverpool fans bleating on about how nothing City have achieved counts. If rich Arabs offered to buy Liverpool, would they complain? Would they fuck. If City were the same as you were in the '90s, Liverpool would be dominating the league every season with the odd Chelsea/Arsenal/rag trophy. Let's not kid ourselves that it would be more competitive without City.

ETA: and Liverpool fans need to ditch their oh-so-funny Steaua Bucharest banners.

Liverpool finished ONE POINT behind City last season. And very nearly won the league.

I'm very sceptical as to how many Liverpool fans claim they're angry about City on ethical grounds, because of the involvement of the Saudis, and not because City are the only thing stopping them from cleaning up every year. The article about Liverpool and City's bitter rivalry on the Athletic is full of angry Liverpool fans bleating on about how nothing City have achieved counts. If rich Arabs offered to buy Liverpool, would they complain? Would they fuck. If City were the same as you were in the '90s, Liverpool would be dominating the league every season with the odd Chelsea/Arsenal/rag trophy. Let's not kid ourselves that it would be more competitive without City.

ETA: and Liverpool fans need to ditch their oh-so-funny Steaua Bucharest banners.
What Saudi's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.