Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always used to like a night out in Liverpool, always found that the Scouse were just out for a good time, can't say the same for Manchester which I found quite edgy.

If you'd read my post you would see that I am not tarring all scousers with the same brush. Never would I be so naive. I've also gone to great pains to point out that I'm talking about the scousers I have met. Of course there are some decent scousers around, it would be ridiculous to state otherwise. But my point is that I have never met them. Ever.

Always used to like a night out in Liverpool, always found that the Scouse were just out for a good time, can't say the same for Manchester which I found quite edgy.
I would agree. I find a night out in Liverpool friendlier than Manchester, even as a Mancunian. Manchester is a very tough city and I don’t think Mancunians generally give a shit what outsiders think about us, whereas I think Scousers want to be liked a bit more than us as they’re a bit more emotional.

I find Scousers generally sound, find them a good laugh when at gigs, went out with a Scouse girl for about 18 months once and she was lovely from a nice family, worked with some sound Scousers over the years.

You have to remember that Scousers and LFC are not one and the same. It’s not Scousers<+>LFC, it’s more that most Liverpool fans aren’t even Scouse. A lot like the glory hunting sad act Rags from all over the British Isles, who are the ones who are more of a bore and a bit weird with it; Liverpool fans from all over the British Isles are the same.

I don’t mind local fans of their local clubs who just have pride in where they come from and support the team their city/town that represents them, it’s the sad bastards who attach themselves to Liverpool and United even if they have absolutely no connection to Liverpool or Manchester and only do so to get some reflected glory in their lives who are the worst.

Not that there aren’t absolute cunts from Liverpool and Manchester who support Liverpool and United!

I know a few Rags who admit to hating the glory hunting out of town contingent to their support (although less-so Irish United fans, it’s more the Southerners they have a problem with). There have been fights between Mancunian Rags and out of town Rags before. It got to point where MUST demanded of their club that the club stop dishing out large chunks of their away allocations to tourists because they were sick of nobodies in their away ends (I wish a fan group in the City support would demand the same of City!)… I don’t know if that’s the same with Liverpool’s local fans and their attitude to out of towners, maybe not because they probably just want everyone to like them.

I would agree. I find a night out in Liverpool friendlier than Manchester, even as a Mancunian. Manchester is a very tough city and I don’t think Mancunians generally give a shit what outsiders think about us, whereas I think Scousers want to be liked a bit more than us as they’re a bit more emotional.

I find Scousers generally sound, find them a good laugh when at gigs, went out with a Scouse girl for about 18 months once and she was lovely from a nice family, worked with some sound Scousers over the years.

You have to remember that Scousers and LFC are not one and the same. It’s not Scousers<+>LFC, it’s more that most Liverpool fans aren’t even Scouse. A lot like the glory hunting sad act Rags from all over the British Isles, who are the ones who are more of a bore and a bit weird with it; Liverpool fans from all over the British Isles are the same.

I don’t mind local fans of their local clubs who just have pride in where they come from and support the team their city/town that represents them, it’s the sad bastards who attach themselves to Liverpool and United even if they have absolutely no connection to Liverpool or Manchester and only do so to get some reflected glory in their lives who are the worst.

Not that there aren’t absolute cunts from Liverpool and Manchester who support Liverpool and United!

I know a few Rags who admit to hating the glory hunting out of town contingent to their support (although less-so Irish United fans, it’s more the Southerners they have a problem with). There have been fights between Mancunian Rags and out of town Rags before. It got to point where MUST demanded of their club that the club stop dishing out large chunks of their away allocations to tourists because they were sick of nobodies in their away ends (I wish a fan group in the City support would demand the same of City!)… I don’t know if that’s the same with Liverpool’s local fans and their attitude to out of towners.
Much as i despise Liverpool FC and a sizeable proportion of their feral fanbase i actually prefer Liverpool City Centre to Manchester, far superior and cheaper pubs, a feeling of space and certainly a lot cleaner. I've never had a problem with Evertonians sure they have dickheads following them as do we but they in the main have a completely different mindset to the other lot.

I could forgive LFC fans almost everything IF they:
1. would admit that some of their fans are absolute twats, up to and including murderers.
2. were way less sanctimonious than most of them are.
3. stopped demanding complete, unquestioning respect.
4. were not fucking deluded.
5. were not hypocrites.
6. had a single iota of respect for other clubs and their fanbases.

No harm in dreaming, eh?

I am sure there are some very decent Scousers. Lots of them in fact. Unfortunately, they allow the cnuts to spoil their brand and 'image'. It's unfair, but then life's unfair.

I know a few Rags who admit to hating the glory hunting out of town contingent to their support (although less-so Irish United fans, it’s more the Southerners they have a problem with). There have been fights between Mancunian Rags and out of town Rags before. It got to point where MUST demanded of their club that the club stop dishing out large chunks of their away allocations to tourists because they were sick of nobodies in their away ends (I wish a fan group in the City support would demand the same of City!)… I don’t know if that’s the same with Liverpool’s local fans and their attitude to out of towners, maybe not because they probably just want everyone to like them.
Think alot of "local" fans in England need a bit of a reality check. You can court foreign ownership, overseas tv deals and teams with mainly foreigners and moan if your team attracts fans from all over the globe. If you want this go support a lower league or non league team if not shut up moaning and quit this nonsense local fans superiority complex.

Think alot of "local" fans in England need a bit of a reality check. You can court foreign ownership, overseas tv deals and teams with mainly foreigners and moan if your team attracts fans from all over the globe. If you want this go support a lower league or non league team if not shut up moaning and quit this nonsense local fans superiority complex.
Yup, the domestic U.K. market has been tapped out for years. The main source of revenue growth for Premier Clubs is overseas markets. The main reason the Premier League is outpacing La Liga is it has a larger US tv deal.

I wouldnt like City to get like that, the City family is now worldwide.

Us City fans not living in Manchester properly will start getting more stick for being glory hunters. My lads get and the oldest is 25.
Until the cost of living increases we would do around 15 matches a season home and away. His great grandad, grandad and me ( his dad lol ) all born in Manchester all City. Yet to some he is a glory hunter lol. My lad puts them straight !

Years ago it felt like I was the only southern voice at Maine Road lol. But I have since met are really nice cockney who is more blue than me. Has followed City all over the land and Europe from the 3rd division upwards. He had pride of place for the villa game last season sat behind the city bench in the tunnel club for his birthday.

Even before City were this good we had fans from all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.